F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Ira and i am interested in buying a new Raptor. I know i am going to order it in white without the bed step or camera but i am opting for the nav unit. But i am still on the ropes if i should wait till Jan to get the order placed for the new 6.2L or just give in and just let the salesman find me the raptor i want and have it delivered to the dealership. :box2: but i will have one soon.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

It all depends on your budget, time-frame, patience, likes, willingness.

Problem with the 6.2 is that you are less likely to actually purchase it for under MSRP and there may even be a premium over that. There will soon be (I so hope) many mods for the current 5.4L Raptor to get it to the level of the 6.2.

Personally I would get every option available just to set it off from those who decided to options their trucks out "sparsely" (no disrespect fellas, well all have budgets and likes/dislikes) just make sure you can responsibly afford it :D.

To me the NAV unit is a best buy since there are so many thinks that you can do with it (i.e. look up Lockpick Navigation in Google), plus you get a pretty good, although not audiophile level :158:, sound system.

Hope this helped, at least a little, even though it appears to be a mini-book.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks and really i am in no rush for the truck but i really would like to just grab on and go. When i ordered my mustang i got every otion available for 2006 and it came out nicely. But for the raptor i am planning on getting the tire gate which would just defeat the purpose of the tailgate step and back up camera. The engine choice is a tough one because like you said there will be upgrades more for the 5.4L than the 6.2L. I know the Roushcharger might be able to work on the truck now seeing as the supercharger is made for the current 5.4L 3v engine and all it would really need is an experienced tuner to get it tuned right. The most i would do to the 6.2L is just add a cold air intake and maybe a tuner and that would be it. Where with the 5.4L i can add the supercharger and all the other goodies available for the current 5.4L. Dang it is a tough desicion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts