F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am currently stationed overseas in Germany. I had to get an inspection done this month in order to re register my truck and operate it. My truck failed inspection because the front shocks are leaking oil. I took the truck to a nearby Ford dealership to get a quote and see if they have the parts to do it. They quoted me 2,200 Euro for the front two shocks, which is about $2,600. I asked them how long it would take and they told me they do not know. Anyways I am wondering how you guys were able to replace your shocks. I saw that there are companies who send you a refurbished pair of shocks and after you install them you send them back your old ones. Has anyone done this before if so what is a good company to use? I’ve been looking online for a set of new shocks and I can not find the specific ones that I have. Do the shocks have to be FOX? I understand FOX has great quality and I would like to stick to them but I can not find any shocks for the SVT Raptor, I only see shocks for 2017 and newer. Any help would be great. I have a 2012 Ford SVT Raptor 6.2L extended cab.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 and used Forged offroad they sent all 4 fox shocks for $1500 $500 of which was a deposit that they reimbursed after I sent back my shocks. They also give you the option to change the perch and stiffness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First, thank you for your service. Second, I have a 2013 and was also alarmed at what new shocks cost so I took them to a local off-road shop and they "rebuilt" mine. Probably not a viable option in Germany but just wanted to let you know there is another option. The rebuilt shocks feel just like the originals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts