F-150 Raptor Forums banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
there is some serious equipment on your rig man... Love the build. I would always look at that cantilever on the counter when I was in SDHQ staring at it cross eyed wondering how that set up worked....

What is the advantage to that set up VS going 4 link & coils in the rear? just to keep the whole bed?

·
Registered
344 Posts
So you have fox in the rear and icon up front, just curious as to what made you go that route and not go with the same company for all 4? Sweet build though I enjoy seeing the updates.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
there is some serious equipment on your rig man... Love the build. I would always look at that cantilever on the counter when I was in SDHQ staring at it cross eyed wondering how that set up worked....

What is the advantage to that set up VS going 4 link & coils in the rear? just to keep the whole bed?
The biggest benefit of using a cantilever style rear suspension is keeping everything tucked up under the bed. The cantilever arm basically acts as a 2:1 motion ratio pivot point. So for every inch of shock travel you net 2" of suspension travel.

Street drive ability is drastically reduced when you are running a 3 or 4 link rear suspension. Yes, they do fantastic off road and you get immensely more travel, but sway is also greatly increased which isn't fun around town or on the highway. You also have to take into consideration keeping it smog legal. Running a 4-link typically means you also have a fuel cell to replace the stock gas tank which makes it a little tougher to pass smog inspections.

So you have fox in the rear and icon up front, just curious as to what made you go that route and not go with the same company for all 4? Sweet build though I enjoy seeing the updates.
Dave has had the Fox 3.0 Bypasses for a long time so we decided to keep them since we haven't had an issue with them. They are far from the 3.0 Foxes you can get off the shelf we have done a ton of shock tuning to get these dialed in to work with the cantilever rear suspension.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
We have the rear end bumped and strapped at 17.5" of clean, usable travel.

·
Registered
168 Posts
1000 of those views were mine, drooling over the pictures. You should at least get a shirt , Dave LOL

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thank you for the compliment! We are very excited to see the ever changing stages of Dave's truck!

If you are ever near Gilbert, feel free to swing by the shop and we can show you some more projects to drool over!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dave....It was great running into you last night out at Sycamore.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Thanks.....Jay

·
Registered
203 Posts
Did a photo shoot last weekend for off-road magazine, look for it in nov I think I will post the exact date when I know it for sure. Check it out let me know what u think. Thanks to SDHQ for the support...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome looking truck - was that your truck and you driving in the you tube video doing the jump?

81 - 100 of 109 Posts