F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Corey and I have been stalking the Raptor now for about 3 months. I've never owned a truck before because I've never been a truck guy, but what draws me to the Raptor is that it just doesn't look like every truck on the road.

I'm a Ford employee and have building F-Series Super Duty trucks for 10 years now. Built the Excursion when it was in production and my plant also builds the Expedition and Navigators.

I went and looked at a black Raptor yesterday and was blown away by its presence in person. I want it even more now. :smiley_thumbs_up: Hopefully there are plans of the Raptor being produced in 2011 cause 2010 just isn't the year for me to buy one.

Only time will tell. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I will have a Raptor sometime to justify me being here. :gy:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even if you don't we welcome all car nuts! :gy: LOL
Car nut that I am! :Hey: I'm becoming a truck nut now. :wow:

I've owned 2000 Intergra Type-R, 2003 Zinc Yellow SVT Cobra, 2003 Rally Red Evo 8, 2004 Silver Metalic SVT Cobra, and a 2006 Graphite Gray Evo 9.

I currently have a 2007 Pewter Metalic Edge SEL and a 2000 Red Fukus SE 4 door.:hah:

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Welcome to the best Ford Raptor SVT club forum on the net, Corey! Glad you joined our growing family over here! Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome Corey! I have an uncle who worked for Ford for many years. I think he is retired now. I think I am definitely going to call him sometime to check on an A/Z plan number if this truck is available on them. I thought any Ford was eligible, but from what I have been reading, I am not sure. Please keep us informed on the future of the Raptor if you hear any news, because it will probably be a couple of years before I can afford one. Surely it'll be a big seller and will be around for several years to come.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had 2 dealers that had one on the lot tell me they will give me A-Plan and another that is waiting for thier to be delieverd. They also told me they would give me A-Plan. As far as X-Plan goes, I have no idea. I've read some of the stuff too, but it only mentioned X-Plan.

I can only hope that it'll be around for a few more years. From what I've read, its selling like crazy so hopefully Ford won't kill it anytime soon. I'd honestly hate to buy a used one that has been jumped and abused.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with the thought about buying used, even though this truck is made to handle jumps and such, it will still take its toll on everything. Thanks for the good news about the A plan pricing! Most people have talked about the X plan, but I have read a few places on here about dealers saying the truck is not available on the A plan and also had a salesman tell me he thought it would be like the Shelby Mustang and wouldn't be either. I had never heard of a Ford vehicle not being eligible for the A plan, but didn't know if maybe some of the hotter ones weren't due to the demand or something. This is why I wanted to talk to someone who works for the manufacturer and not some salesman who is trying to make every cent he can.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've owned a 2003 SVT Cobra and a 2004 SVT Cobra and they were both purchased with A-Plan. Being an employee and having bought SVT vehicles on A-Plan before, I will be patient enough to find a dealer to give me A-Plan. If I can't, they can keep the truck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If the Cobras were eligible, then the Raptor shouldn't be any different. It really only makes since that an employee should get a discount, no matter what model it is. After all, every vehicle put on the road is more advertisement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts