F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I recognize some names here from the other Charger and LX forums I spend time at.

I'm new to the Raptor thing, but I've been bitten, and it's all through my veins right now. Might be looking at a couple tomorrow.

Just a short hello for now, but I'll be reading and perhaps having more to say soon!

cheers,
Mike

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks gang - turns out the bank doesn't like this truck as much as I do, so without getting creative, I was just having a wet dream. :( But it was a nice wet dream.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thought crossed my mind very briefly about selling my Charger, but I know I would regret it before long. I love this car too much, and have put too much of myself into it...

Apart from that, I could save a while, and hope to find a used one in the next year or so, or maybe find a less discriminating lender, but there are always pitfalls there.

But I'm going to stick around either way, and follow this truck, because I'm really taken by it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome Junior. Sounds like we are in the same boat. I will either have to sell more than I want to or wait a couple of years. Hopefully the old saying of "good things come to those who wait" will hold true, cause I will probably just wait. I cant' justify selling my motorcycles and ATV to pay more for something that will be much easier to get a deal on in a few years.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I hear you VTwin - I'm really thinking about how to get enough money saved to qualify for a 6.2 when they're out, but my practical side tells me to wait to find one used, but I think finding a good used one will be harder than it was to find the Charger I did - my Charger is a "limited edition" Top Banana Daytona (4000 made of that color), and there were lots of colors. So I was able to find mine with 5500 gentle miles on it, and saved about 15k after depreciation and the mods that were already installed on it.

Anyone know the total production numbers for the Raptors?

As it stands now, I'm planning to try to get into a 6.2, but we'll see how that shakes out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like you have a nice collector car in the Charger. I don't blame you for not wanting to trade it.

A few different guys, including a SVT guy demonstrating the Raptor with ride-alongs, have said 6000 to be produced. I don't know if this is an overall total, a yearly total, or what. I hope it is a yearly total or maybe a 5.4 total since it sounds like Ford may be replacing the 5.4 in the near future. It could also be a minimum number that will increase if the truck sells good.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like you have a nice collector car in the Charger.
Nah, not so much - I meant to illustrate how many of them there were out there - 4000 built in my color alone... let alone the other Daytona colors, let alone all the other Chargers on the road. But mine is mine, and she's a keeper. :smiley_thumbs_up:

A few different guys, including a SVT guy demonstrating the Raptor with ride-alongs, have said 6000 to be produced. I don't know if this is an overall total, a yearly total, or what. I hope it is a yearly total or maybe a 5.4 total since it sounds like Ford may be replacing the 5.4 in the near future. It could also be a minimum number that will increase if the truck sells good.
Huh, OK - that gives me an idea anyway. I heard that Ford was making a total of 44 Iacocca Mustangs - now that's exclusive.

Did you guys see this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F68sL2ZB1k

1 - 14 of 14 Posts