F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:kap: I kinda give up, the last couple of times ive been offroading, i keep on getting hill decent control fault on my dash, and once thats on the traction control is back on, its quite annoying when your at 70mph offroading! it has happened on several occasions right now, and i think im just going to hot wire the traction control and abs to AUX 4, so that once that switch is on, i got nothing to interfere..

we got lots and lots of sand around here, ohh yeah im from dubai and kinda got a friend of mine in the USA to buy me the truck and ship it here, so i kinda dont have warranty to cover any breakage or problem that may occur... i'll be experimenting over the weekend and i hope it'll work...:box2:

any feedback from ya'll would be great..

P.S, while offroading i do press the offroad mode, and hold the Traction control for 5 seconds, but the low tire pressure alarm always interferes too!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
If you had the one tuned by JDM (not bashing them) it may have something to do with the tuning that was performed. This is just my guess.

If you are not the one with the supercharged Raptor then I have no clue and wish you the best of luck.

Keep us posted though.

·
Banned
62 Posts
I talked to JDM about doing a blower and they said they will provide a tuner with the kit that shouldn't interfere with the off road mode. For the price of the kit, i would hope not. Anyone have some insight to this? They say they have put superchargers on 4 trucks now.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Are you sliding down sand dunes? You need to get your friend to call a dealer and let them know what's going on might be something simple?

Inregards to the tpms have u check ur pressure? Extensive heat can cause over inflation and then the cooling effect can basically streching the tire

·
Registered
286 Posts
:kap: I kinda give up, the last couple of times ive been offroading, i keep on getting hill decent control fault on my dash, and once thats on the traction control is back on, its quite annoying when your at 70mph offroading! it has happened on several occasions right now, and i think im just going to hot wire the traction control and abs to AUX 4, so that once that switch is on, i got nothing to interfere..

we got lots and lots of sand around here, ohh yeah im from dubai and kinda got a friend of mine in the USA to buy me the truck and ship it here, so i kinda dont have warranty to cover any breakage or problem that may occur... i'll be experimenting over the weekend and i hope it'll work...:box2:

any feedback from ya'll would be great..

P.S, while offroading i do press the offroad mode, and hold the Traction control for 5 seconds, but the low tire pressure alarm always interferes too!
i am confused... u have hill decent mode on at 70 mph??

·
Registered
17 Posts
tc

i have the simler proplem in my truck....it seems that u cant turn off the traction off all the way even when u r in offroad mode ...any ideas thanks:doh:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I kind of had the reverse problem yesterday. I just took delivery of my Raptor 12/30, drove a five hour loop back home in snow and ice and slush, and then watched the weather clear here for two days but get much colder. Yesterday the mercury dropped again to single digits, the snow started, and my desire to run meaningless errands began. On one very important trip to the storage unit my tire pressure warning (amber color) came on. I stopped, checked and all the tires looked the same but maybe a little lower than a couple of days before, and then continued my "errand" and came home to the comfort of my garage. Checked the tires and they were all around 38 psi. I inflated all (spare not included) to 50 psi and have had not recurrance of the warning or any problems. We did get nearly 6" of snow which for Southern Missouri is quite a bit. Truck is incredible and the shift to 4WD and back to 2WD is easy. I did not experience the traction control thing, but did not try to disable it or run in off road mode. I do think the hill decent mode only works to 15 or 20 mph but I have to reread the manual supplement to confirm that. Makes no sense at 70.

I am looking foward to hearing back from The Bedouin as he may have some mods and issues we can all learn from. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
psi

I kind of had the reverse problem yesterday. I just took delivery of my Raptor 12/30, drove a five hour loop back home in snow and ice and slush, and then watched the weather clear here for two days but get much colder. Yesterday the mercury dropped again to single digits, the snow started, and my desire to run meaningless errands began. On one very important trip to the storage unit my tire pressure warning (amber color) came on. I stopped, checked and all the tires looked the same but maybe a little lower than a couple of days before, and then continued my "errand" and came home to the comfort of my garage. Checked the tires and they were all around 38 psi. I inflated all (spare not included) to 50 psi and have had not recurrance of the warning or any problems. We did get nearly 6" of snow which for Southern Missouri is quite a bit. Truck is incredible and the shift to 4WD and back to 2WD is easy. I did not experience the traction control thing, but did not try to disable it or run in off road mode. I do think the hill decent mode only works to 15 or 20 mph but I have to reread the manual supplement to confirm that. Makes no sense at 70.

I am looking foward to hearing back from The Bedouin as he may have some mods and issues we can all learn from. Thanks for posting.
from what i know the tire should at least 41 psi for the light not to come on.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
tc

Are you holding the traction control button for more than five seconds like the manual says? (had to ask)
yes did what the book said.....the thing is if u go offroad on sand u need to let air down,,,,,so the low air warining comes on and takes over the screen.....i wish if it wasnt in the cluster.....

·
Banned
0 Posts

As I recall, the tire pressure called for on the stock 35" BFG All Terrain T/A KO tires is 44 psi front and rear.

I assume it would be standard for all Raptors since that's the only tire I'm aware that Ford is putting on the trucks.

Check the driver's door jamb for the specified psi.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Regarding the TPMS... someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as of '08 I believe all vehicles sold in the US are required to have them. Its NHTSA mandated.

Or in other words, it is what it is, unfortunately.

·
Registered
242 Posts
and recommended tire pressure is 44psi. mine dropped to 27psi about a month after purchase and my tire gauge read @ 40psi, and the one at the gas station read 45psi, and then I took it to the dealer because the light wouldnt go off. (I felt like a doucher, because what self-righteous man doesnt know how to put air in his tires??) He whipped out a digital gauge and they all registered @ 27psi. Idk how thats possible from factory, but it hasnt occured since

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i tested something over the weekend, i found out that the traction control, offroad mode, and hill descent are all connected to the "RSC- Rollover Stability Control" system, which is Fuse No. 36.

i turned off my car, took out the fuse, started it, TADAAA, everything was off, drove in the dunes perfectly, with no problem at all, traction control is very annoying in the dunes, especially with high speed sideways driving when slaloming between bushes and grubs..

Im going to hardwire fuse 36, so i can disconnect it using "AUX4" .. so as soon as i hit the dunes, i just have to flick the switch, not pressing offroad mode, and holding the TC button at the right time, so other messages on the Dash Display dont interfere.. one good thing is, when connected the fuse back, just turned off the car, and back on.. and everything was back to normal..

·
Registered
286 Posts
i tested something over the weekend, i found out that the traction control, offroad mode, and hill descent are all connected to the "RSC- Rollover Stability Control" system, which is Fuse No. 36.

i turned off my car, took out the fuse, started it, TADAAA, everything was off, drove in the dunes perfectly, with no problem at all, traction control is very annoying in the dunes, especially with high speed sideways driving when slaloming between bushes and grubs..

Im going to hardwire fuse 36, so i can disconnect it using "AUX4" .. so as soon as i hit the dunes, i just have to flick the switch, not pressing offroad mode, and holding the TC button at the right time, so other messages on the Dash Display dont interfere.. one good thing is, when connected the fuse back, just turned off the car, and back on.. and everything was back to normal..
so the way u set it up.. u will also loose the offroad mode mapping.. and will be driving in regular mode in the dunes right!? Dont u like the offroad mode attitude of the car?

also doesn't holding the traction control button for a few seconds turn it fully off?
i know pushing it once is partial off and holding it for a few sec is full off..
i have tried mine and it works fine when i push it for a few seconds... i can skid the tail of the car and do reveres steering and all with no problems the traction control does not kick in...

·
Banned
0 Posts

Wow! That's a very clever solution to your problem! Very cool.

·
Registered
591 Posts
so the way u set it up.. u will even lose the offroad mode mapping.. and will be driving in regular mode in the dunes right!? Dont u like the offroad mode attitude of the car?

also doesn't holding the traction control button for a few seconds turn it fully off?
i know pushing it once is partial off and holding it for a few sec is full off..
i have tried mine and it works fine when i push it for a few seconds... i can skid the tail of the car and do reveres steering and all with no problems the traction control does not kick in...
+1
couldnt agre more

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so the way u set it up.. u will also loose the offroad mode mapping.. and will be driving in regular mode in the dunes right!? Dont u like the offroad mode attitude of the car?

after deflating the tyres to around 20psi, and turning on the rear locker.. it makes it more difficult to hold the TC button, especially after the low tire pressure monitor alert interferes with disengaging the traction control.

sometimes the hill descent fault also re-engages the traction control, and i'de have to stop the car, back to Park, turn off, turn on, press on Offroad Mode button, Hold TC or (RSC) button (which takes more than 10 tries because of the Low tire pressure alert) ...

Offroad mode doesnt do me any good unless ABS with be off, which i will get while disengaging the (Roll Stability Control - Fuse # 36) .. the only benefit i get is throttle response, and holding the RPM when letting go of the throttle..

·
Registered
286 Posts
after deflating the tyres to around 20psi, and turning on the rear locker.. it makes it more difficult to hold the TC button, especially after the low tire pressure monitor alert interferes with disengaging the traction control.

sometimes the hill descent fault also re-engages the traction control, and i'de have to stop the car, back to Park, turn off, turn on, press on Offroad Mode button, Hold TC or (RSC) button (which takes more than 10 tries because of the Low tire pressure alert) ...

Offroad mode doesnt do me any good unless ABS with be off, which i will get while disengaging the (Roll Stability Control - Fuse # 36) .. the only benefit i get is throttle response, and holding the RPM when letting go of the throttle..
the pressure alert actually interferers with the TC setting or u just cant see the monitor icon for the TC?
as for the hill descent.. i am still a bit confused.. why do u have it on when u are driving fast or rather are accelerating hard? i am assuming u that since tc would only be a pain at speed or high acceleration!

not that this is a solution.. for your hill descent situation ( which I don’t understand anyway) ... but have u tried to see if u can find the fuse for tire pressure... deactivate the tire pressure sensor!

anyway at the end.. i hope in next years model they rework the TC and off-road buttons... just use a single dial button like the present 4 wheel dial and rear lock...
3 dial positions 1- TC full on.. 2-TC part on.. 3-TC off ... with secondary pull out position for off-road mode on! Just turn the dial to desired position and pull out for offroad on..
much simpler and easer to see what the settings are... and no resets after the car is turned off!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts