F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been there in past with my last truck, would suggest having another buddy with a truck. I'd say you'd be able to hit 80% of the area and have a good time but, there are some area's where 44" tires are must. They have cool trail maps you should pick up @ station and lots of trails to hit. I spent about 3 or 4 hour but was solo and not another person in whole park so took it pretty easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been there in past with my last truck, would suggest having another buddy with a truck. I'd say you'd be able to hit 80% of the area and have a good time but, there are some area's where 44" tires are must. They have cool trail maps you should pick up @ station and lots of trails to hit. I spent about 3 or 4 hour but was solo and not another person in whole park so took it pretty easy.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll scout it out and try to get somebody to go with me. Yeah...I'll never have 44s on my truck so I'll have to skip those trails.

-Thomas

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was thinking about goin there as well. Maybe a group could get together sometime. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
344 Posts
My wife and I have been talking about taking her Jeep Wrangler out there. However, we have not got around to it yet. 4 Wheel Parts is doing a customer appreciation day there July 22 and we are going to that. If nobody goes before then I will let you guys know if it is Raptor friendly terrain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hollister hills

I have been there many times before. Its fun. It has two side one catered toward atv's/dirt bikes. The other side one of the largest OHV parks for 4 wheel drive vehicles I have seen around here. There isn't any place to do desert/open running or jumping if thats what your looking for. Most of the trails are very tight. I used to go with a Nissan Frontier club (my old truck 05 frontier nismo lifted) and a couple of buddies (06 Tacoma lifted, 89 4runner lifted, 08 f150 fx4). We all had "mid-size" trucks and still many of the trails were tight. My friend with an 08 f150 fx4 lifted didn't end up doing any of the trails because his truck didn't fit. His paint and etc. would have been destroyed, So he bascially just parked it and rode with us in our trucks. With Raptor's being so wide and long It would be hard not to scratch your paint on many of the trails. I am not saying don't go because it is great fun just cautioning all fellow Raptor owners. When we went we had a great time and there are some trails that are wide enough to run the raptors on without worrying about our trucks fitting. They have some nice technical crawling areas/parks but those are the mostly the places you will need the 44's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts