F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
The one I looked at over the weekend sounded pretty tame. I haven't read anything where it states it has a different exhaust so I'm not sure. I wonder if some of the videos we so it screaming through the desert if it has the 6.2L in it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Those that have a Raptor...do they sound different from a normal 5.4 F-150?

I think it sounds good. It is a little louder than a regular F150. You can here it in the cab but it has no drone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pretty good rumble in the cab on my test drive. Better than a standard F-150 but I would still need to put new exhaust on it to get the big rumble.

·
Registered
59 Posts
At a stop they sound ok, As you gain RPMs or romp it a little you will turn heads.. I think it sounds killer...

·
Registered
242 Posts
It sounds ok, definitely better than a standard f150. It has a one in/two out exhaust.... not a true dual, but it'll work. I actually just threw a Magnaflow on mine today. See new thread

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds ok, definitely better than a standard f150. It has a one in/two out exhaust.... not a true dual, but it'll work. I actually just threw a Magnaflow on mine today. See new thread
Really...not a true dual?!?!?

·
Registered
127 Posts
IMHO, mine sounds great stock and the look of the two pipes disapprearing into the muffler looks great.

Nice tone when stopped and nice rumble when running.

I've had aftermarkets (Borla Stingers on my '05 Mustang) and the stock ones on the Raptor are good enough for me.

They are sort of subtle, but let you know you are dealing with a serious truck.

YMMV.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Here's my thing: there are at least a couple people on here that have comments and opinions about a truck they only dream of getting. The rest of us owners or orderers who are waiting for our trucks to come in have serious questions. vTwinRocket is right, nothing comes with true duals, but true duals with an X or H pipe are the best with a supercharger and the various other mods available. If ur just taking up space on here, go post ur questions on Google Ask, dont waste my time with sarcasm.... Im too busy Modding and driving my Raptor!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts