F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ive read its about 6000 but dont quote me on that. I dont know if that includes the 550 that is gonna be sold in Canada.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I heard 6000 also, but i also read last week that they will make as many as required by demand. That could mean less or more, if they do not sell well i do not see 6000 being built.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I heard 6000 also, but i also read last week that they will make as many as required by demand. That could mean less or more, if they do not sell well i do not see 6000 being built.
I don't see them having much of a problem and I sure haven't seen any problem so far. These trucks are selling so fast that it is tough for me to get one. The dealerships around here can't keep the raptors on the lot for more than 2 days before someone buys it. I certainly think that if they continue to sell as well as they have, it would be crazy for Ford not to make more, even if just by customer orders.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As of 5pm on 9/25 @ Huntington Beach (CA) Ford, they will sell ZERO.

Again I stopped by that dealer this afternoon to see if they finally received a Raptor. The salesman told me that Raptors are delayed until at least next January.

I asked him if he meant the 6.2 engined Raptors were delayed, to which he replied "No, all Raptors are delayed, none will be avail until at least January".

Oh my, oh my...

With my being tired of the sales staff bullS, I asked him to go inside and check out eBay with me to verify Raptor availability. Oddly, he declined my invitation... but he DID have an FX4 that was available on special for "Today Only!". Ugh...

This is not some backwoods dealer either... It's a big dealer in a big city! Maybe they are on the outs w/Ford for some reason and are not allotted (if there is such a thing??) any Raptors??

·
Registered
290 Posts
As of 5pm on 9/25 @ Huntington Beach (CA) Ford, they will sell ZERO.

Again I stopped by that dealer this afternoon to see if they finally received a Raptor. The salesman told me that Raptors are delayed until at least next January.

I asked him if he meant the 6.2 engined Raptors were delayed, to which he replied "No, all Raptors are delayed, none will be avail until at least January".

Oh my, oh my...

With my being tired of the sales staff bullS, I asked him to go inside and check out eBay with me to verify Raptor availability. Oddly, he declined my invitation... but he DID have an FX4 that was available on special for "Today Only!". Ugh...

This is not some backwoods dealer either... It's a big dealer in a big city! Maybe they are on the outs w/Ford for some reason and are not allotted (if there is such a thing??) any Raptors??
That would be so funny to pull into one of those dealers with someone who has a Raptor and go find a salesman and as soon as he says that don't make them yet say, "oh like that one I road here in?"

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would say that dealer was late in ordering a Raptor and it will be January before they get theirs. Or it could just be the big city dealer thing, as they seem to be the ones to BS more than smaller dealers in smaller cities. At least that's what I've experienced anyway.
Initial reports made it sound like only 6000 total were going to be made, but I've heard more recently that the Raptor assembly line is set up to make 5000 a year. Plus the fact that Ford is planning on a possible crew cab for 2011, makes me think there will definitely be more than 6000 made. I would have to believe they will build them for many years, just like the Lightning. Probably longer than the Lightning, as I believe the Raptor will sell better.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I saw the mark fields web chat with the svt people and they are saying 5 to 10K.
they want to keep SVT to an exclusive amount.
they are also working on the next gen Raptor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts