F-150 Raptor Forums banner

How important is it to you to have the optional interior accessories?

• Very Important

Votes: 69 53.9%
  • Somewhat Important

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I could live without it

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • I don't want it

Votes: 3 2.3%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even with the Raptor being a Limited Edition truck and how nice it is on the outside and the inside just as a standard truck, I can't help but be very picky about the optional accessories that come with it. I love the truck as it is but it would seem to be so much better being able to have the moonroof, the awesome navigation system with the very helpful backup camera, the not quite necessary but helpful tailgate step, electronic and heated seats, etc. It does cost a few thousand dollars more with these add ons, but to me they all seem to be worth the money. Then you would have to add on the problem of having the strict color choice if you have one and especially if it is white or orange I think it is much better to have the graphics package on there.

I would love driving a raptor without all of this stuff, but driving one with it all would be so much more awesome. Anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
290 Posts
As my daily driver I really wanted everything. I know you can install some of the options (certainly the nav) much cheaper than from the factory, but I really have gotten tired of messing with modifying a brand new truck just to make something fit. I've fought with how to wire something in, where to mount something, leaking roof penetrations, no support if something goes wrong, lost my entire back seat for subwoofer boxes, and all of the room under seats for amps. I just want my truck and everything to work in it and I want it to look nice.

Would I have drove mine without all the options, yes, but I would not have enjoyed it as much when on the pavement.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When I bought my last truck, I didn't get all the options I wanted because I figured I'd be buying another truck pretty soon. Well it looks like I could have my current truck for a total of 8 to 10 years. My next truck will have every option available (except a sun roof- I'm too tall for one).

·
Registered
433 Posts
In Canada the luxury package is a standard option so all I really had to choose from was nav, tail gate step, sunroof, backup camera, and trailer brake. All that I got was the sunroof thats all I really need out of those options. I was gonna get the tailgate step but decided not to because if I do get a dent in my tail gate it might be limit the area I can fix(Im a PDR guy). The nav was a $2300 option in my mind that is just way to much to pay for that when I can go to best buy and get a similar in-dash nav for $1000. I dont like the backup cameras in any vehicle I just dont feel comforable using only that when backing up ill do it the old fashioned way lol. As for the trailer brake I dont own a trailer nor do I haul a trailer. In the 3 years ive had my 04 f150 ive towed a uhaul trailer once. As much as it would be nice to be able to get all the options just for resale value in the future it would just drive up the cost of the vehicle to a point where I just dont wanna pay almost 60K for this truck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well ours is coming with the Luxury package and moonroof. Would it have been nice to get it all? Well, yes, but I'm not made of money. I gave up the Orange w/graphics and went with black (no graphics). I think I'll like the black better, but something had to give and I didn't think the $1075 graphics package was as good of a value as the Luxury package. I don't need adjustable pedals w/memory and could do without the heated seats (but they ARE nice) but I must have the 700w Sony system so I can jam out! I HAD to get the Luxury package to get the Sony and that does suck. I'd rather pick and choose, but on a limited build truck, I guess you put up or shut up.

·
Registered
957 Posts
IMHO, if you can afford only one option, make it the luxury pkg. It's really (almost) a bargain. Pretty neat stuff..
Reddog...

·
Banned
0 Posts
The nav was a $2300 option in my mind that is just way to much to pay for that when I can go to best buy and get a similar in-dash nav for $1000.
Disclaimer: No offense intended with my response.

Stores/electronic dealers may offer a Nav system that provides similar Nav functions but there is no system currently available that I know of that is similar to the SYNC system.

I wouldn't want anyone who doesn't konw better to think that the SYNC system is just a "Nav" unit. The SYNC unit in my Raptor is a great product and as far as I know, it's quite unique in the industry although I know other manufacturers like Acura apparently offer some similar features with their own products (SYNC is made available by Microsoft to other car makers who offer it (Fiat) and will (Kia and possibly Chrysler) offer it later).

For more info:
[url]http://detnews.com/article/20091217/AUTO01/912170335/Ford-to-upgrade-Sync-system[/URL]

·
Banned
414 Posts
Am i the only one that got it barebones no addons?!?!. Trust me, if the money was there i'd have it fully loaded. But I am the kind of person who likes to tinker with stuff and will probably end up putting in a Nav/DVD/Supercomputer/Whatever in when the time comes anyways.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nacho,
There's no such thing as a 'barebones' Raptor, Bro.... You did good!
Reddog...

·
Registered
550 Posts
What MMDan said is right. My shop works on BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Rover, etc. every day. Their level of technology for Nav/information/entertainment is at least a generation behind the '09 Acura TL SHAWD I have just sold to make room for the Raptor. Many of the Asian cars have excellent technology with their Nav/info/entertainment but no one, and I mean no one has a system that combines all the above as well as Ford and their sync. Yes there are less expensive options for the same type of information - if you want to screw with another device with a whole different interface and instructions. I sat through a delivery of a friend's Edge with the sync/nav/sony and could not believe what it will do. Got to have it and the rest of the options with the exception of the digital mud. I have not had a Ford for years but really look forward to this one. It will be my driver most of the time.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I bought my '00 Ranger brand new.....manual everything.....and although it's been an absolutely great truck, I'm ready for something NICE! My Mustang before it had leather, sunroof and power everything so I got spoiled on it I guess. But damn it I'm treating myself to the best now, lol! I got everything except the graphics.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
When I decided on the Raptor I decided I wanteed it all, down to the digital mud. The one option I am missing is the trailer brake but I do not tow anything on a regular basis and when I move I typically hire movers when I can. Figured what's a few thousand more on a vehicle like this. Glad I took the plunge.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The 6.2 will prob. be my only option, maybe the orange and graphics. The nav.system is good , but you have to get the lux. pac. in order to get it. Too much $$$$$................

·
Registered
550 Posts
One other thing to consider if you may plan to use an aftermarket portable GPS device - and the new ones are good, accurate and user friendly - is the time you are in a hurry or just get out of the truck for a second or two and leave the GPS in sight you may be a victim of smash and grab. You lose a window and your GPS and a whole lot of time to deal with the issue not to mention a claim against your insurance. My insurance carrier told me rarely if ever are factory nav/entertainment centers stolen from vehicles because of technical advances that make them difficult if not impossible to use in another vehicle. Just sayin'

·
Banned
414 Posts
I'd actually like to put in a double DIN DVD/nav, but dont want to lose SYNC capabilities. I've seen the adapter for the 09 F150 for about 50 bucks. But its all black.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I like the whole shebang

I like it all. It's just so cleanly integrated. I'm not picking on anyone in particular, but even the VERY best shops work I've seen looks hacked in, particularly in the back. The front? ahhhh, LOOKS added on. I love the total package, it's just awesome.

By the way, if anyone hasn't seen the Sync demonstrated, and are on the fence about it, it's a must have.

If I had to choose between more motor or the luxury package, it's a no brainer, I'd take the luxury package.

I think my truck's interior is just stunning. I'd opt for something besides the orange center console, but everything else is so cool. I particularly like watching Demons of Dirt and other action DVDs while waiting for my wife! I'd REALLY like to get satellite television in the thing (but I hate the flying saucer)

·
Registered
253 Posts
It can READ Twitter messages? That's amazing! Half the time I can't do that myself!

Stpd 140 char limit makes ppl use abbrev 2 make their msg shorter.

We won't get the full nav system because there's no maps for this part of the world... so the trucks will be coming in with the standard audio head unit. This works for me as I plan to rip it out and put in a Kenwood / Garmin system and let it work with Mapsource on the laptop.

As far as audio goes - all my MP3 files go on a USB thumb drive and are played in perfect quality skip free. Works perfectly fine in the MX5 :) No need for internet radio capabilities etc. or any of that.

The McLaren F1 famously had a CD radio system by Kenwood specially developed for the car... with no FM or AM radio capabilities.

When you're driving your dream car, why let somebody else choose the sound track? :D

Plus, I like the idea that both cars I drive a lot would have the exact same AV system - so only get used to one type of interface.

Image from SAL FX4

Same unit in the MX5

I do like the orange interior but the radio bezel is a bit much - so actually blacking that out using the double Din adapter works fine for me. Might get that adapter and the center console covered in matching black carbon fiber or something so it's still glossy but more subtle.

Sunroof is a must.

I wish a center console fridge was an option. It's big enough.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts