F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening guys, I have a growing concern for my raptors well being. I have a 2013 supercharged raptor with the JDM 700 hp package coupled with Corsa exhaust, AFCO heat exchanger, and traction bars. According to JDM, this is supposed to have the truck sitting around 530hp to the wheels. So here is my question, at what horsepower will my internally stock 6.2 begin to meet its limit? I have hopes of eventually adding headers and re-gearing. Is there room for more power, or am I knocking on the threshold? Thanks, everyone

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m kind of in the same pickle. Consider this, recently I planned to rebuild a 6.2 long block. Not much out there but OEM type of stuff or livernois racing as far as internals go. A guy can spend almost as much as for four stock longblocks for one racing setup. My conclusion is that our motors are really good and can handle quite a bit of abuse or wouldn’t be in a commercial super duty.

·
2,613 Posts
Evening guys, I have a growing concern for my raptors well being. I have a 2013 supercharged raptor with the JDM 700 hp package coupled with Corsa exhaust, AFCO heat exchanger, and traction bars. According to JDM, this is supposed to have the truck sitting around 530hp to the wheels. So here is my question, at what horsepower will my internally stock 6.2 begin to meet its limit? I have hopes of eventually adding headers and re-gearing. Is there room for more power, or am I knocking on the threshold? Thanks, everyone
Welcome to the forum.
I have the same setup as you with American Racing headers. The power is awesome for a big heavy truck. How do you like the traction bars?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the welcome 👍 . I love the traction bars. They are the most useful modification to my truck. The horsepower was just unusable before I had them, all I got was wheel hop and eventually a driveshaft dropping. Now she grips and gets no problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
I appreciate the welcome 👍 . I love the traction bars. They are the most useful modification to my truck. The horsepower was just unusable before I had them, all I got was wheel hop and eventually a driveshaft dropping. Now she grips and gets no problem
What traction bars are you using?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts