F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think its gonna depend on how many production years they make the raptor and how many raptors are made. I personally hope they dont make alot of them thats just gonna mean they will hold there value even better. Looks like there a big hit so far so im sure they will make as many as they can sell.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, Im taking a BIG gamble...don't get me wrong, I LOVE FORDS but i've owned 2 Tacoma's and I've actually made money after 5 years of driving each of them...OOOOh well, here goes nothin:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd guess maybe 3-5 thousand more than a "regular" F-150 in similar condition / miles etc. If you're looking for an investment this aint it, you'll have trouble finding a buyer that will pay top dollar because they believe your Raptor has always been babied.

Most Raptors are going to see some abuse - plain and simple. There are some already complaining that the 5.4L Triton is "underpowered"... some hard miles already trying to do burnouts at every stoplight? You just know every Raptor with a 6.2L Boss is going to get a thorough working over.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It's the catch 22. If you use it for what its intended, maybe not a huge resale. But if you buy it and put it in a bubble, then better resale. But why would anyone buy it and not use it? Also, here may be a good example: The Harley Davidson CVO's always have better resale than a regular Harley Davidson motorcycle. I think the same should be true for a Ford SVT.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
In five years i would say in good condition about 10-12 grand. My King Ranch 08 F450 Super Duty had a MSRP of $65,000.00. Today, two and a half years later my trade in value is around $30,000.00.

·
Registered
433 Posts
In five years i would say in good condition about 10-12 grand. My King Ranch 08 F450 Super Duty had a MSRP of $65,000.00. Today, two and a half years later my trade in value is around $30,000.00.
I think there gonna be worth more than 12 grand that is a bit low for a svt vehicle of this calibre its not a focus.

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK It's hard to tell what any car or truck will be worth in 5 years. Mileage is 1 big factory. But just to give you guys a little idea. I bought a 2000 Lightning used in 2003. So after 3 years I paid $25,000 and the Truck had 38,000 miles on it. New it went for $31,500. 9 years later and the 99 and 00 trucks are going for 10k to 15k. With 75,000+ miles on them. So that can give you somewhat of an idea on how those trucks Valves are. I know the 93 to 95 1st gen lightnings are starting to come up in price now. Can get decent ones for 6000 and up.

They will probally make these trucks like the Lightnings and make them limited with only a few thousand trucks per year. There were a total of 11,563 Ford Lightning trucks procuded of the first generation. Produced from 1999 through 2004, a total of 28,124 trucks were made.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Who wants it and how badly is exactly right.

Another question is: How much will your Raptor be worth if it's garaged on blocks? Will it break into Barrett's and Mecum's big time line-up?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks JKstang.....I have a 1990 Gt Stang..can't wait to park it next to my new raptor:)

Here's my blue Raptor parked next to my Black 07 Mustang GT/CS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yea, Im taking a BIG gamble...don't get me wrong, I LOVE FORDS but i've owned 2 Tacoma's and I've actually made money after 5 years of driving each of them...OOOOh well, here goes nothin:)
Having Toyota buy your track back due to frame rust doesn't count. :gy:

Doesn't matter what the Raptor is worth in 5 years, you'll have piece of mind that the frame isn't rusting from under it and you'll be looked as a manly man while driving your Raptor. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts