F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I told her I would be happy with the truck (for a while). That was 5 months ago. Now I want to order some wheels how do I pull this one off?:4-dontknow: Especially since we are ordering another raptor soon.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well seeing as I already have the raptor and have her convinced on trading it in for a 2011. I can hear her voice now "you just don't know when enough is enough". Glad she doesn't know all the other mods going on. Power adders are easier to hide than wheels.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Well seeing as I already have the raptor and have her convinced on trading it in for a 2011. I can hear her voice now "you just don't know when enough is enough". Glad she doesn't know all the other mods going on. Power adders are easier to hide than wheels.

Hahaha, sounds like we are in the same boat. Chicks just dont understand.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need an alternate address to ship this stuff to for the days she gets home before me. When her dad had his harley the ups guy knew to deliver the boxes out back to the garage instead of the front door. Maybe I need to leave a tip and a note haha

·
Registered
145 Posts
I told my wife that if i got this truck i wouldnt have to do anything to it like my last truck and she was sold. But 3 months after i got it i convinced her i need exhaust tuner and intake. Have already mentioned it to her that now i want to trade in for a silver crew cab. She wasnt too happy about that remark. so i may just have to talk her into new tires and rims.

·
Banned
671 Posts
Since you are going to be getting a '11, tell her they will fit your new one too. That way she knows they won't go to waste when you trade-in the '10.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I need an alternate address to ship this stuff to for the days she gets home before me. When her dad had his harley the ups guy knew to deliver the boxes out back to the garage instead of the front door. Maybe I need to leave a tip and a note haha
That's just what I did. I feel it's deceitful so I made up for it with trips (that I didn’t want) relatives visiting (that I didn’t want) and a few other things.:D

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm still trying to convince my wife on just buying the truck. Resistance is futile.
See at 33 you have so many other priorities. You may be starting a family, building a house, saving for education. It's tough at your age. Good luck man but if there's going to be a way, just be the best husband possible and she may agree.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well in the wife's defense, I have just got alot of stuff here lately. A new iphone, new mac, new truck and a ton of parts for my atv. So if this went south I can't get mad..........Bt it looks like it's a go. Methods and generals here I come.

There was also a huge part of this I left out. My wife is 8 months pregnant so anyone with kids can understand the hormones I'm dealing with.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like we all are married to the same type of woman. LoL I mentioned that I was looking at adding the light bar & HID's to my truck and I was just reminded of the new Rolex and the new truck that I just purchased... Pick your battles. It is always better to have the wife on your side to purchase things when its really important vs pushing the issue on everything. Practice this out loud - Happy wife = happy life. Congrats on the baby and the new 2011.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like we all are married to the same type of woman. LoL I mentioned that I was looking at adding the light bar & HID's to my truck and I was just reminded of the new Rolex and the new truck that I just purchased... Pick your battles. It is always better to have the wife on your side to purchase things when its really important vs pushing the issue on everything. Practice this out loud - Happy wife = happy life. Congrats on the baby and the new 2011.
That couldn't have been a truer statement! Which is why I made sure she is happy before I approached it. That's why I now have a set of methods with generals coming.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Heres some tips LOL. Pay for it cash so she cant know how much. Also you can say the deal was so good that by the time you sell the original wheels you'll break even if not make $50bucks. Another tactic is aim way way higher. My dad taught me and my bro this a long time ago. When we watched TV, he use to walk in the room and no matter what it would be "turn that television down". We'd normally have it set at like setting 5. So when we'd hear him coming we'd turn the volume up to 8. Thus get told and turn it back down to where it was. I'd talk turbo charger, air intake, exhaust and whatever else and then back down and settle on just wheels. LOL Good Luck to ya.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately my wife knows to much about cars to try to snow her. Also
I'm keeping the stock wheels since I will most likely be getting a 2011.

All in all I was extra nice and it worked out to my benefit. Got to call and order them Friday. Big thanks to Ryan at super duty headquarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
the deal that i have with my girl friend when buying any toy/modification for toy is that ill save up an extra 10% of the total coast 5% goes to a charity and 5% got to her pocket to spend on cloths and shoes.

·
Registered
580 Posts
the deal that i have with my girl friend when buying any toy/modification for toy is that ill save up an extra 10% of the total coast 5% goes to a charity and 5% got to her pocket to spend on cloths and shoes.
Ummmm? You said girlfriend not married right?:4-dontknow: Why would a girlfriend have any say over your finances and plus take a stake in them? Just wondering you dont have to answer that though.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
avalanche said:
Ummmm? You said girlfriend not married right?:4-dontknow: Why would a girlfriend have any say over your finances and plus take a stake in them? Just wondering you dont have to answer that though.

Haha! You said what I was thinking. Must be a great piece. J/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts