F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am a new owner of a 2010 raptor and as I bought it from a dealership, I have no info about it's precious life. It has 120k kms, about 78k miles on it and oem fox shocks.
I am not sure how to tell if the shocks have been rebuilt before. Dealer told me they have, but I am in doubt.
Also, not sure how it is supposed to ride with new shocks on road. It feels "ok" (compared to my previous cars and suvs - never had a truck before), not "butter smooth" as some praise theirs, I feel all small bumps (although not disturbing), some reboundS after stopping and a bit of unsure handling, sideways especially on bad asphalt roads. Once again, never had a truck before so I have no way to compare. Any telltale signs on the outside of the shock if they have been rebuilt in the past at all?

·
Registered
34 Posts
By the way there is no service record available, and I am using BFG A/T T/A KO2s.
look for signs of oil on them especially where the piston enters the body...if any, they need service whether they have had any or not. There is a chance that they have had a "performance" build in which case on-road ride will suffer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
By the way there is no service record available, and I am using BFG A/T T/A KO2s.
If there are no service records, ask the dealer how they know the shocks were rebuilt.

As PoolMonkey said, check for signs of removal, such as wrench/socket marks on the attachment bolts. The rear shock bolts are easy to inspect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the answers, guys! I don't see any signs of removal at all. I was also wondering, if the shocks were rebuilt (they definitely don't look like new), the valves on them would be new, wouldn't they?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the answers, guys! I don't see any signs of removal at all. I was also wondering, if the shocks were rebuilt (they definitely don't look like new), the valves on them would be new, wouldn't they?
If they have schrader valves on them, then they likely have been off and rebuilt. They don't come with schrader valves when new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts