F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,
We’ll see where this forum takes us.

I really love the Raptor. I can’t believe I want to buy a Ford as a hard core GM guy. Thanks to Ford’s new models and the lack of a Govt bail out I think I’ll be making the switch. We currently have a Solstice GXP running 23PSI of boost and an R/T Charger. The Charger is our family car for our three little boys. I hope to have those two cars paid off in a couple years and then pick up the Raptor as a third vehicle. I just sold our old Suburban that was used as our desert assault vehicle that we used for camping and exploring the West Desert here in Utah.

I’ll be hoping to track down a low mileage used Raptor in about two to three years, maybe a 2011? I’ll let the stupid dealers rip off the first buyers with “market adjusted pricing” and we’ll go from there. My local dealer has a 2009 GT500KR with an additional $50,000 slapped on just because. Hopefully I can get a Raptor at a great price so I have enough money left over to turbo charge the 6.2L for a couple hundred more horsepower.

I have a few questions for you all to stew over:
Do we have any tech info yet on the transfer case and rear end? Can we lock the front diff for some rock crawling and then keep the rear axle locked for some high speed desert running? I’ve got Moab just a few hours away along with a ton of mountains to climb.

Does the new Harley Davidson F-150 have the same tranny and Boss 6.2L, would that make for a decent test drive as we wait?

With 3-4 desert trips each year along with 12,000 miles, how long will the very cool but expensive Fox shocks last?

Any mileage estimates, do you think the 360 horse twin turbo V6 will ever be an option? I would be pretty easy to turn the boost up on that motor for an extra 60-70 horsepower.

Nice to meet you all.
B

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
:wavey: Welcome to the RaptorForumZ BradyB! Glad you joined us.
Nice intro! Don't have an answer to your questions but I'm sure someonelse here will.
I hope you'll enjoy the board!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome to the forumZ. You sure posted some specific questions on your first post which means you really have some plans formulated for its use. Wish I had some answers to share with you but at this time I do not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts