F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Just found this site...........I'm the happy/proud owner of the first Raptor in Galveston County !! Love my truck, but having problems with my brake lights staying on & hill control fault coming on.......anyone here with this problem?
:wavey:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey All,
Just found this site...........I'm the happy/proud owner of the first Raptor in Galveston County !! Love my truck, but having problems with my brake lights staying on & hill control fault coming on.......anyone here with this problem?
:wavey:
Never seen the issue but they're possibly related. The system will apply the brakes as needed to maintain speed, hence the brake lights coming on.
If the system is stuck on and active, it may need to be reprogrammed or there could be a bad switch. Here is an exerpt of the system overview:

Hill Descent Control™ can be used to maintain vehicle speed on a downhill grade, operating at speeds between 3-32 km/h (2-20 mph). If the vehicle is on flat or uphill terrain, the system will go into standby mode, remaining activated up to 64 km/h (40 mph). At speeds greater than 64 km/h (40 mph), the Hill Descent Control™ system is deactivated.
When Hill Descent Control™ is active, a rumble or grinding sound may be heard and/or felt

You should take it in to the Dealer and have it checked.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never seen the issue but they're possibly related. The system will apply the brakes as needed to maintain speed, hence the brake lights coming on.
If the system is stuck on and active, it may need to be reprogrammed or there could be a bad switch. Here is an exerpt of the system overview:

Hill Descent Control™ can be used to maintain vehicle speed on a downhill grade, operating at speeds between 3-32 km/h (2-20 mph). If the vehicle is on flat or uphill terrain, the system will go into standby mode, remaining activated up to 64 km/h (40 mph). At speeds greater than 64 km/h (40 mph), the Hill Descent Control™ system is deactivated.
When Hill Descent Control™ is active, a rumble or grinding sound may be heard and/or f
You should take it in to the Dealer and have it checked.

She's at the dealer now (and I miss her LOL) for the 2nd time with the same problem.....the 1st time the hill control fault came on I called the dealer right away & he told me it was probibly a sensor in the wheel & wasn't serious (it comes on in the rain) As for the brake lights, they only malfunction when the lights are on, & I noticed that after I got it back from the dealer the first time, the red marker lights behind the cab aren't working now. I'm hoping that might be where the problem is.
Anyway, thanks for your imput & and I'll keep ya'll posted on the outcome

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stopped by my dealer yesterday to see the progress to my truck. I was introduced to the tech that was working on it & found out there was a communication malfunction somewhere between him & I as far as what was wrong with my truck. Thankfully we got together to work out the problem. I called this evening and was told that they ordered another back of cab light assembly & it should be in tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey All,
Happy to report that my truck's back home. It was the short in the back of cab lights like I thought, the tech found moisture in there also. According to him, when a LED goes out, it sends the current back and that's why the brake lights would stay on.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Welcome to the best Ford Raptor SVT club forum on the net! Glad you joined our growing family over here! Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Were you able to determine why the hill control fault was coming on? I had mine come on twice yesterday. Once when it was in tow/hual and once when I pulled out to pass and it shifted into low gear. Only way to reset was to turn the truck off and on again.
Thanks,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've driven in the rain since I've got it back and no problems so far. My fault came on when I drove in the rain. Just by chance, check to make sure the red LED lights on your back of cab lights work when your headlights or parking lights are on, there's 3 of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
happened to me too

The hill descent control fault happened to me twice tonight. Both times it occurred as I was going around curves with slights hills. It was raining the first time, but not the second. It would flash "hill descent control fault" and alternate with the skidding car symbol. Like the other, it would only reset when the truck was turned off and on again. ggrrrr

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, for the delay, the mechanic told me he changed the back of cab light and so far no problems for about 3 weeks now, and that includes a couple of times in the rain

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've driven in the rain since I've got it back and no problems so far. My fault came on when I drove in the rain. Just by chance, check to make sure the red LED lights on your back of cab lights work when your headlights or parking lights are on, there's 3 of them.
back of cab lights? you mean the 2 led lights under the taillights? where's the 3rd?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, on the back of the cab, up top, there's a combo cargo (white), and 3 small red LED's marker/brake lights below.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts