F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
82B23320-E4AE-43AE-A3CE-6B0AC232C1D1.jpeg
Hey all! Name is Mike, currently live in Nashville but moving soon.
I’ve got a 2010 6.2 super cab, bought it 2 years ago in LA.
I’ve been doing a shit load of reading to try and find answers and finally I’m caving to just post and ask like I should have in the beginning.
Fell in love with these trucks when they came out, friend of mine (I’m from Michigan) was on the design team with Ford for the gen1, but never thought I could afford one.
I got in a bad motorcycle wreck in 2016 and after lots of therapy, recovering and a long law suit I was able to splurge a little with a settlement on the old girl. F250 came into my lane 4.5’ coming toward me in a corner and ended up colliding with the bed of his truck with no helmet (anyway!)
I love the truck but the height front and back annoy me, cuz like most I love the trophy truck stance. I plan to finally go to mid perch, just bought spring compressors and id like to lower the rear as well. So of course I’ve read drop blocks vs shackles vs Deaver leaf springs. A friend of mine had ready lift 1.5 blocks that he sold me for cheap (haven’t installed yet). But now I’m contemplating deavers because I have a feeling MAYBE my passenger leaf spring might be bent or something from being rear ended a year and a half ago.
Ive read about one side being lower than the other and most of my reading said drivers side due to gas tank. But my passenger side is about 3” lower than drivers side and it’s super bothersome.
So my questions are-
Could a rear impact bend a leaf spring and cause it to be lower?
If not the pass. Leaf, could one of the shocks be bad and cause one side to be lower or higher?
Are their more “economical” options if my pass. Leaf is bad (ex: new oem leaf (where can you even get them?) or possibly a gen2 used or even F-150 leaf springs?)
I’m sure even considering oem F-150 leaf springs is nuts but I’m weighing options and don’t have an easy $1300 laying around at the moment, but still considering +2 deavers.
Thats kinda my current situation and I look forward to input. I don’t jump the truck, I’ve done slight off-roading in the past and when moving back out west would likely do it again, but never intend to really beat on it since it’s my daily.

Thanks so much for reading and for any help. Hope y’all are staying safe and I’ll check back soon!

Mike
82B23320-E4AE-43AE-A3CE-6B0AC232C1D1.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess maybe I’m crazy and every time I’ve looked at it and saw it Higher/lower on one side could just be I’ve never looked at it on level ground lol. 🤦🏻 Seems like it’s safe and I guess I’ll save for some deavers

·
2,601 Posts
Hey Mike how are you making out?
Not sure what the $$ is for shipping but I have the original oem leaf springs that came off my 2013 at 7000 miles you are welcome to them n/c if you pay for shipping from a Raptor brother from the East Coast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mike how are you making out?
Not sure what the $$ is for shipping but I have the original oem leaf springs that came off my 2013 at 7000 miles you are welcome to them n/c if you pay for shipping from a Raptor brother from the East Coast.
Man you kick ass for offering those to me but I think I was just going crazy and the truck was just never level when I looked at it lol.
thank you! She’s sittin nice now after new wheels and an alignment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts