F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to be a holdout for the 6.2, but my dealer offered me a killer deal on a fully loaded 5.4 that would have been stupid to turn down, plus i get free oil changes for 5yrs. or 60,000mi and the power train is covered for 75,000mi or six years and a full detail every six months all of this on top of the deal that i got. I figure that if i really don`t like the 5.4 i`ll just trade it in in a couple of years.:4-dontknow:

My dealer is Galpin Ford and they have already sold 11 Raptors.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So....

does it drive like a milk truck like the 6.2 advocates proclaim!?:D

Welcome to the "Guys that grin while they drive club!":Hey:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Damn. That is an awesome deal. You're right, it would have been foolish to pass it up. I'm going back to my dealer and demanding some perks...like I'll get them.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not order it, this truck was in their showroom, they are such a big dealership and they order in big volume.

I paid MSRP, but i had six months in payments on my current truck and they paid that off, it came to $4300.00, plus they gave me $5500.00 over the trade in value of my truck. They could give me more discounts doing it this way than taking $$$ off the MSRP.

·
Registered
290 Posts
What??? RH67 I've seen numerous posts about how the truck was lacking power with the 5.4 now you buy one???

Well anyway, congrats, and I think you said you've already driven one for many miles, but I still hope you enjoy what you got and continue to bring info to the community.

What color did ya get? graphics or no?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Orange with graphics, the truck has every option. The deal was to good to pass up. It`s funny or maybe a little strange but every Raptor that i have driven ( 4 to be exact) the power has felt different with each one, the one that i just bought seems to have a little more beans than the others, during my test drive i was a little surprised. When a proper chip comes out i will add that and a cold air intake.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the slo-poke club.:D;):wow:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey RH67, how about a video of the Nav system and your comments on how it works.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Not to answer for RH67 but I think it might be a little dangerous to provide your request. I am sure as well it will take some time to actually post the video since the biggest benefit is performed while driving the Raptor.

I intend to purchase this item within by next week or so and have it installed. However I could not provide a video until Thanksgiving weekend or sooner...his will possibly be sooner.

Just FYI and being rude, I assume, and answering for someone else.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was going to be a holdout for the 6.2, but my dealer offered me a killer deal on a fully loaded 5.4 that would have been stupid to turn down, plus i get free oil changes for 5yrs. or 60,000mi and the power train is covered for 75,000mi or six years and a full detail every six months all of this on top of the deal that i got. I figure that if i really don`t like the 5.4 i`ll just trade it in in a couple of years.:4-dontknow:

My dealer is Galpin Ford and they have already sold 11 Raptors.

was that the one they wanted 75K for that was the "#2 raptor built" I was there and they told me they wanted 75K for the one on their floor. I could not believe it. I am guessing that it was a different one?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, not that one. But someone did pay the 75k for the #2 Raptor. I figured that i payed about 41k for mine and it has every option the deal was too good to pass up, but i have bought 7 cars and trucks from them during the last 10yrs. including 2 Mustangs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts