F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title saz it all...This truck is very smooth on the road....I have to thank my buddy Ray for making this happen...:smileup:
Just so nobody freaks out I had to get permission to drive this truck and be a Ford employee.
As of right now Ford Racing will offer a CAT back exhaust (which sounded excellent) a thicker front skid plate, roll up bed cover and front lower light bar that has 4 H.I.D KC's on it...There will also be the proper engine mod's. for the 3 valve.
I have a few more pic. if youd like to see....
WIZ

Attachments

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BillyRay asked "How was the out of hole speed and torque?
Anything you didint care for? Thanks Billy "

The truck did respond out of the hole fairly well.. It is faster then my "08" F-150. I will give it to the gearing though. I didn't beat on this truck much..ha ha
But I can tell you that this truck did not ride like a truck......It was very smooth... I was making it a point to hit man hole covers and pot holes.....
We did not play with any of the switches for low lock or hill climming...
I'll add a few more pic. these will be of the exhaust,skid plate and bed cover...

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
You lucky SOB! Now for the questions. :)

How did the power feel? I am looking more for passing speed not 0-60. Did you drive it with the off road mode on and off? If so how much of a difference was there? Also if you can get a audio clip of the exhaust that would be great.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You lucky SOB! Now for the questions. :)

How did the power feel? I am looking more for passing speed not 0-60. Did you drive it with the off road mode on and off? If so how much of a difference was there? Also if you can get a audio clip of the exhaust that would be great.
2 wheel high only...I didn't want to be the guy that F---ed something up....:shakehead:
I did kick it in the butt more then a few times and when it down shifts it realy comes up on the pipe...She was hallen the mail....:smiley_thumbs_up: I did not get down on the freeway but I can tell you I may have infringed on the local speed limit of 50 mph on the local boulevard.
I didn't even think to get a audio clip......sorry....:i_rolleyes:

Here are a few more PIC.
These will be of the nav.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
few more PIC.
I thought the rear shock covers were cool.. they say FOX on them and have the fox tail......

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
The light bar and lights look great.
:smiley_thumbs_up: :iagree:

2 wheel high only...I didn't want to be the guy that F---ed something up....:shakehead:
I did kick it in the butt more then a few times and when it down shifts it realy comes up on the pipe...She was hallen the mail....:smiley_thumbs_up: I did not get down on the freeway but I can tell you I may have infringed on the local speed limit of 50 mph on the local boulevard.
I didn't even think to get a audio clip......sorry....:i_rolleyes:

No problem thanks for the info :smileup:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look closely at the light bar pic. in the last post you will see a blue zip tie on the light bar holding the harness to the left.....NO NO NO.....I sniped it off and put a black one on ....Ford Racing now owes me....:hah:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
few more....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great! Pics! The rear shock covers are cool, I think I wold like the light bar with a little smaller lights than 6"
They were big thats for sure.....I'd like to see a top bar also....My buddy said no plans from F.R. to make one..

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is just thicker....It does wrap up a little more on the side I think I cant recall how far up the stock one went ...But this one saz F.R. on it.....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To remember my experience ( like I would forget it) Ray gave me this...The only one I can own till Feb. I hope.....Come on 6.2 L

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lucky! I may have missed this but please confirm if this was a select pre-release 6.2 version or standard 5.4? Wasn't sure if you had the chance to not only drive a raptor but the 6.2 model?? Regardless, congrats on the early test drive. The nav is sweet, light bar is cool, thicker skid plate is rad, bed cover nice and all other perks I can't stop drooling over. :158: Trying to figure out if the spare is a full size matching wheel w/the tire. Please confrim if able.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome pictures. Thank you. :worshippy:

I thought there would have been more room in the engine compartment. It looked a bit crowded to me.

I really like the lightbar. I'm sure the aftermarket companies are drooling over this truck and the potential of goodies and upgrades.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts