F-150 Raptor Forums banner

I get a kick out of sales people!

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  bconstien 
#1 · (Edited)
So, the first Raptor came in at a local dealer. 1st one in the area. Orange w/lux package. I'd have to say I like the orange when U see it in person. Anyways salesman caught us. He was yacking on about how this is the 1st one and that they have a few more on order and even a couple 6.2L on order right now, and didn't even know about if they was going to have a dealer markup, I just laughed inside.:Wow1: He didn't know I was at this dealership back at the end of Aug and talked with his sales manager that I knew. At that time this one was locked in and the only one ordered. Plus he wasn't real sure on what he was going to do on pricing. So, I went back to my dealership where I've bought 99% of vehicles from and ordered one!

Ordered 8-28
Vin confirmed
Build date wk of Oct 5 :smileup:

#3 ·
So, the first Raptor came in at a local dealer. 1st one in the area. Orange w/lux package. I'd have to say I like the orange when U see it in person. Anyways salesman caught us. He was yacking on about how this is the 1st one and that they have a few more on order and even a couple 6.2L on order right now, and didn't even know about if they was going to have a dealer markup, I just laughed inside.:Wow1: He didn't know I was at this dealership back at the end of Aug and talked with his sales manager that I knew. At that time this one was locked in and the only one ordered. Plus he wasn't real sure on what he was going to do on pricing. So, I went back to my dealership where I've boughten 99% of vehicles from and ordered one!

Ordered 8-28
Vin confirmed

wasn't in Jackson was it?

#5 ·
So, the first Raptor came in at a local dealer. 1st one in the area. Orange w/lux package. I'd have to say I like the orange when U see it in person. Anyways salesman caught us. He was yacking on about how this is the 1st one and that they have a few more on order and even a couple 6.2L on order right now, and didn't even know about if they was going to have a dealer markup, I just laughed inside.:Wow1: He didn't know I was at this dealership back at the end of Aug and talked with his sales manager that I knew. At that time this one was locked in and the only one ordered. Plus he wasn't real sure on what he was going to do on pricing. So, I went back to my dealership where I've boughten 99% of vehicles from and ordered one!

Ordered 8-28
Vin confirmed
That sounds great. I ordered mine from a Dealer in Michigan on 8-29. I was waiting until Monday or Tuesday to call him about a Vin#. So yours will be built the week of Oct 5th, delivery in about 2 weeks after that????

dly Flame Blue Raptor ordered 8-29

#6 · (Edited)
DLY, expecting it to be delivered around Oct 21-26 would be my guess comparing it to the time it took on this local one to get built. The local one it was 8/31/09 window sticker date. 9/7/09 week of build date and it showed up at the dealer 9/23 or 9/24/09

#7 ·
library trip

Ordered 8-28
Vin confirmed
Boughten????? I never knew how to use it or spell it that way. I feel better now.

#9 ·
DLY, expecting it to be delivered around Oct 21-26 would be my guess comparing it to the time it took on this local one to get built. The local one it was 8/31/09 window sticker date. 9/7/09 week of build date and it showed up at the dealer 9/23 or 9/24/09

I e-mailed my Salesman this morning to see if my order had been assigned a Vin# here is his reply...

Great News!

Your vin # is 1FTEX1EV5AFA41251 And ETA is this week or next week.

- Jeff

Also here's a copy of my window sticker
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTEX1EV5AFA41251

dly

#11 ·
Good News!

My truck is dated to arrive Oct 5 or so. That was quick! I thought it was going to be built that week. Guess not, it's already been "Bucked" as Ford calls it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.