F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Bremerton, WA. New here and just 6 mo in on a 2013 6.2 Raptor (60K miles). I had quite a surprise today in the gravel and rain. I had a killer Blondie cd cranked allll the way up and saw a huge packed gravel lot next to the latte stand (Hey, its only 16 miles to the US capital of coffee....Starbucks HQ). I drove into the area and turned off the advance trak thing. Then it was drift time for about 3 hube oval laps covering. No sweat with control or handling. The thing that surprised me was the engines response and RPM. I loaded a sweet 5 Star high octane performance tune at the end of this past September. As I was power slidding and laughing...I took a speedy glance at my tach. 6,400 RPM. In that quick look I was reminded of the 7,000 RPM redline. After slowing down and getting on the road I had a thought....Do 1st gen Raptors have a rev limiter? Is hitting 7,000 RPM a mechanical problem. The thing I did like...the truck just wanted to keep going!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Than you for the welcome! Before I found this forum I looked around another one whose initials also start with F...! That was a like a tidal wave of angry emotion as folks got wound up in politics. Everyone is different, everyone knows how they like to be treated...and we all have an opinion on something. My opinion is that I am out of coffee and scotch! That's all the excuse I need to jump in my beloved Raptor and see how fast I can drain the gas tank! Happy New year to all on this great site!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts