F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple weeks driving around my 2014 6.2L Raptor I will be driving in 6th gear and all of a sudden my truck will drop a gear. My RPM’s will slowly start to decrease as a “low oil” warning and a wrench pops up on the screen. My truck then becomes unresponsive. The gas no longer works and it will then proceed to die. I put the truck in park and turn it back on and don’t seem to have any problems. At first it only happened when I was going uphill. But then it happened while I was parked in a parking lot.
I thought it might be low on oil, but it’s not. I proceeded to replace the oil pressure switch tonight thinking that could be the issue, on the test drive however it acted up again. I don’t hear any banging or rattling at all so I believe it’s still getting oil pressure, what could be the problem? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the past couple weeks driving around my 2014 6.2L Raptor I will be driving in 6th gear and all of a sudden my truck will drop a gear. My RPM’s will slowly start to decrease as a “low oil” warning and a wrench pops up on the screen. My truck then becomes unresponsive. The gas no longer works and it will then proceed to die. I put the truck in park and turn it back on and don’t seem to have any problems. At first it only happened when I was going uphill. But then it happened while I was parked in a parking lot.
I thought it might be low on oil, but it’s not. I proceeded to replace the oil pressure switch tonight thinking that could be the issue, on the test drive however it acted up again. I don’t hear any banging or rattling at all so I believe it’s still getting oil pressure, what could be the problem? Any help is appreciated!
Did you have the recall update done to you transmission?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could possibly be the transmission lead frame. I had similar issues with my 2013.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Elaborate on the 2014 trans recall.
Check the NITSA site . It is recalled for vehicles with 150000 or 10 years. I'm having similar issues and I'm outside the warranty time. Ford is going to try and update the lead frame, no guarantee. If a lead frame is needed the item is on back order. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check the NITSA site . It is recalled for vehicles with 150000 or 10 years. I'm having similar issues and I'm outside the warranty time. Ford is going to try and update the lead frame, no guarantee. If a lead frame is needed the item is on back order. Good luck.
Those do not apply to the 2014 F-150 model year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts