I'd Like My Raptor!

Discussion in 'Newbie Check In!' started by Chickostick, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Chickostick

Chickostick New Member

Vehicle?:
    2018 Raptor
    Color?:
    Lead Foot
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    I ordered a 2018 Raptor on August 18th. Thirteen weeks later the dealership still can't tell me when I'm going to get it! Does anybody know why it is taking so long? Is this normal?

2. Big Bill

Big Bill Active Member Moderator Site Supporter Level 5

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2013 Whipple Raptor700+HP
    Color?:
    Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Welcome to the zzz congratulations on your order that sounds about right you should be getting a call any day now with a vin#. Let us know when you hear something.

3. Chickostick

Chickostick New Member

Vehicle?:
    2018 Raptor
    Color?:
    Lead Foot
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Thanks for the response;I’m looking forward to seeing that vin #. My contact at the dealership can’t tell me how long or when it might be scheduled. It’d be nice if Ford could help by re-setting my expectations. This order has exceeded the quoted 8-12 week’s so no communication at this point is a bit disconcerting. Anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Big Bill likes this.
  4. Rapdav18

Rapdav18 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2018 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Hi. The dealership tried that game with me too. I went to the so called secret storage lot a mile down the street. I approached the security guard and asked him if there were any new Raptors hiding back here.He smiled and pointed at two. One Magnetic fully loaded with 802A then a Black one fully loaded too. I went back to the dealership and within 10 minutes magically they were both available. Imagine that. Its a game there are plenty of these trucks. I even managed the MSRP. Paid 68,999 no 10,000 markup. There available just switch dealerships. Or come to Las Vegas and buy one. Sorry to hear your having trouble.

5. Rapdav18

Rapdav18 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2018 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Hello Chickostick. What confuses me further with these dealerships is how they aquire vehicles. I know for a fact that many of the Raptors that were shipped to Texas have been re allocated to Las Vegas Nevada. The dealers did pay $ 7,500 per vehicle above msrp in September 2017. Mine came on rail. If I can hunt one down and can be of any help let me know. Its a game with them. I have a salesman that tells me the truth about these trucks. So if interested let me know. The mass re allocation might of had to do with the last storm in Houston. Cant think of any other reason as Texas is a big state.

6. dk1677

dk1677 Well-Known Member Moderator

Vehicle?:
    GTO
    Color?:
    Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Welcome to the forum!