F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new 2018 Raptor a few weeks ago and am averaging 16 mpg. Is this average for most Raptors? Will putting a Rousch Cold Air Intake help increase the mpg or does adding the tune help? Not complaining, but, if possible like to get to 18 mpg.

I do not like the stock muffler sound so maybe a Flowmaster?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats! The Raptor is almost 6000 lbs, turns 35' all terrains and has the aerodynamics of a brick so I say 16 mpg isn't too bad. I've seen 18 mpg on the highway doing 70 mph with no headwind. As far as mods go, I really don't believe any of them would significantly help. Save your money. The new F150 diesel advertises 30 mpg on the highway...but it's not a Raptor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
2014 Gen1 here. Decent gas mileage is one of the last concerns I have with a truck. If it turns out decent on this trip or that, it's just a bonus. CAI's and tunes will likely generate very little to no noticeable mileage increase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get 22mpg HWY on my 2019. If you add bumpers, lift and wheels it will go down. If it stock then something is weird maybe. Adding the Corsa X pipe is great way to improve the sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
76870F26-46A1-4DB9-9276-8AA3D5C4C0C3.jpeg
557C8A41-C90A-4A85-B8DD-8419D38292BF.jpeg
Actually, after I had the Cobb Tuning Power Pack installed, a Mofab Protune and SPD turbo adapters I’m putting down 455whp and averaging 21mpg when my foot isn’t in it on adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for weighing in on this. I have to take mine in for the first oil change so I need to decide what to do. The dealer told me they have to do any mods so it does not void my warranty. They are a Roush dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts