F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the info on my ins policy. I went from a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon to my Raptor and premium went from $600 to $975 and I dont have any accidents or tickets (although that might change). Agent says because it new and no track record it is high but may come down later. I sure hope so.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Who is your insurer? I have Gieco and mine is going down by about $150, from a Hummer H3. As far as they know, it's just a F-150 -- I'm not sure they realize or consider this a "new" vehicle from Ford.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That sounds fishy to me......

It's still a Ford F150. Not even a supercharged F150 that the "Sport" premium would cost like the Lightening.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm 59YO with a clean record and have both my car and homeowners insurance through State Farm.

The 6MO cost for my 2006 Ford Escape XLT is $237.

The same coverage for my 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor will be $290.

I have "full coverage" with a $500 deducatible.

I made sure that the price they quoted me was for a Raptor and they quoted from the computer screen - "2010 Ford F-150 Raptor".

·
Registered
137 Posts
Maybe they saw SVT in the name and assume you will be doing things in the raptor that put you at a higher risk for an accident. Say it aint so......

·
Registered
127 Posts
Maybe they saw SVT in the name and assume you will be doing things in the raptor that put you at a higher risk for an accident. Say it aint so......
Your insurance company already has all of the information about you and the vehicles you have insured with them.

They just find the new vehicle in their data base and it gives you the insurance cost for the new vehicle - assuming you are going with the same coverage.

Most of the variation should be due to your driving record - not the new vehicle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Driving record says it all. Sometimes Ins company's bark at the name and sometimes they don't. With my SRT GC and R/T Durango...no. But with my RS4 Audi and WS6 T/A....yes. It's good to buy before they catch wind of the SVT name/reputation but again it all depends on your driving history.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Insurance

My wife looked up a quote, she works at State Farm. It was going to be $530 about 20 more than my 2009 Fusion every 6. I saw the screen it has 2010 ford f-150 supercab svt listed as a selection. That's with my discounts of multi line and accident free. I should have her look up the dif between a FX4 and Raptor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts