F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was looking at other tire options and looked at the stock 315/70/17 tires the Raptor comes stock with and I see this in the specs page for that particular size:

Not Rated For Severe Snow
So, I read this:

TireRack said:
NOTE: While most BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires meet the industry's severe snow service requirements (and are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol), selected tires do not. Specific tires/sizes not meeting the industry's severe snow service requirements are identified with a "Not Rated For Severe Snow" notation on the Sizes & Pricing, as well as on Specs.
I wonder if that's because the tire is just small enough not to have enough treads per whatever, square inch, or too large and doesn't have enough for the size? Interesting. I bet it would still go like a bat outta you know where, but still...

I want this truck for the Michigan lake effect blizzards!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the exact tire on my lifted 06 f150. They work fine in the snow,just takes a little snow on top of the ice and there great. Glare ice or compacted snow on the highways, after the plows go threw than 4x4 hi or watch ur ass.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had 31" BFG's on my Ranger and it absolutely destroyed the snow, but that size didn't head that warning, either. I wonder what the skinny on that is, really.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Some of the AT's have the rating and some don't. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the spacing of the tread and whatnot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just have not been around much, raptor is running great, i have some concern with the ome tires...they are good in snow but poor on ice and snow covered ice....abs does not help when all 4's a sliding through the intersection in 4 hi.

anyone found a good ice tire for these trucks?:3-smash:

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
just have not been around much, raptor is running great, i have some concern with the ome tires...they are good in snow but poor on ice and snow covered ice....abs does not help when all 4's a sliding through the intersection in 4 hi.

anyone found a good ice tire for these trucks?:3-smash:
I've got some chains that I had to buy for mine that I dont use anymore, best ice traction around, will sell cheap :Hey:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I run Blizzaks on mine in the winter. I pull a snowmobile trailer through Lake Ontario lake effect storms. I couldn't find the exact size, mine aren't as tall as stock. The speedo reads about 4mph faster than actual. These tires are GREAT in the snow. I ran these on my last 3 trucks, Ford Ranger, 1500 silverado, and my Raptor.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I run Blizzaks on mine in the winter. I pull a snowmobile trailer through Lake Ontario lake effect storms. I couldn't find the exact size, mine aren't as tall as stock. The speedo reads about 4mph faster than actual. These tires are GREAT in the snow. I ran these on my last 3 trucks, Ford Ranger, 1500 silverado, and my Raptor.
I have these on our VW touareg and it gets through the snow much better than my truck does and it weighs alot less. Great tires, I run cooper STs with studs which I could only get 33s. I still had about a 1/4 left of tread on my BFGs and I got into some rain which hydroplaned my truck, I switched tires the next week. These tires are better than most stock tires but I wouldn't buy a second set for the conditions around MT.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A lot of trucks around here with the studded Coopers too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts