F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Does this sound normal to you guys?

The clicking seems pretty loud. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I should be worried. Dealership said its normal and no issues came back from the checkup...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Does this sound normal to you guys?

The clicking seems pretty loud. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I should be worried. Dealership said its normal and no issues came back from the checkup...
I know this is two years late, but I just signed up for this site. I have a 2018 with 28k miles on it making the same sound. Very loud. Dropped it off at the dealer and they are replacing so many parts due to a "new recall" on the issue. At least that's what they stated. Hopefully it wont take too long to fix, but they gave me a rental while they replace a god awful amount of parts. At least its covered under warranty. They are also replacing the sway bar end links due to the constantly coming loose and making a metal clunk sound on any bumps and its more than one occasion they have "tightened them". What did you end up doing to yours to resolve the issue, if anything? When i get the list of replacement parts I can post if anyone cares to see it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well the issue your having is your cam phasers are done. All of the parts that your talking about are the timing chains. Cam phasers. Guides and chain tension unit. Bolts and gaskets too. My friend I have a 2018 Screw that had this issue at 24,000 miles 42,000 58,000 and as of today it’s back at Ford getting a new complete new cam phased timing set. Fourth time in 4 years. I’m out of warranty Ford was cool enough to pick up 75% of the repair. The cost of this when out of warranty is now 3800.00. Ford is making me pay 1388.00. They are paying the rest. Unfortunately I have had my engine opened up 4 times now. I live in Las Vegas. Who wants to bet the cam phaser rattle will come back a 5th time? Totally sucks that the only thing wrong with the truck is the most important part (engine) Getting Ford to agree to work on an out of warranty truck is hard enough. I have modified it and the truck is tuned. They are being really cool as they agreed not to flash my computer as it will destroy the computer. It’s the Shelby/whipple tomahawk kit. It syncs the engine computer with the trans computer perfectly. The dealership knew what I did and understand as the Shelby factory is down the street and they sell modified vehicles in the showroom. Ford is aware of the Shelby trans fix but won’t apply it to general vehicles. They want you to pay 2300 to get your Trans shudder to stop. I’ve had the truck 4 years and am going to give it one more chance. If it fails again I have no choice but to get rid of it. So sad as I love the truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts