F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, the sales person wasn't a woman, it was the truck. Test drove a Blue Raptor at Berge Ford in Phoenix. They have 3 in stock, sold their Black one but every other color there as of Oct. 27.

I last shopped for a truck in 2004. The new Ford 150 was out as was the Nissan Titan. The Ford was slow and the Titan had a ton of cool feature that now are standard on most trucks. So the Titan won that contest. I still have that truck and still enjoy it. The body style is the same as the Raptor. I prefer this as it is actually easier to load the back seat. Would be different if I was loading people of course.

Took it out on the freeway and it had a jiggly motion to it. Not sure how else to describe it. Was fine on the surface roads, but at 60-80 on the freeway it was unsettled. Anyone else have this problem? Was it that truck or was it that section of freeway?

My other observations are just that, and may not apply to you or your situation. The back seat of the truck is tiny. Seems much smaller then the Nissan. Plus when you fold up the back seats, the floor is covered with a jack on one side and a sub woofer on the other. Current truck has tons of room in back. This one does not. There is no grab handle on the A pillar. Despite being 6' tall, I use this to help me in. I also use the step. With the Raptor, I guess you would have to grab the wheel or something. Speaking of the running board, it is really a rough finish. Great for grip I guess, but if you wear shorts it will tear up your leg if you brush against it. Driving the Raptor I felt higher off the ground, although that may be because the seating position I was in the hood was hard to see over. Also, the wheel did not telescope. Maybe my legs are longer relative to my arms then they should be, but the wheel seemed too far away even with the pedals adjusted all the way forward. The turn signal was amazingly loud, but maybe because I did not have the radio blaring. Minor stuff, but just pointing it out for people who haven't had a chance to drive one.

I live in the desert and drive a polaris RZR off road all the time. The Raptor would be great in areas where the RZR is not allowed. However, after the test drive I'm not so sure I should give up a truck I like for this one. Would make more sense to modify the current truck, but I do not have faith in the after market guys to do it right and not screw up the truck. Guess I'll drive the 6.2 and decide at that point.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts. I'll be interested to see what others that have driven it have to say about them.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The jiggly ride could be due to the road surface,

The running boards are certainly made for grip...suggestion is when you exit/enter stand on the running board and then step down. I do it all the time...just not as tall as you. also you could try leaning outward with your hand on the door handle and then transition your hand of the top of the door as you are stepping out.

For seeing over the hood raise the seat up to it's highest level.

For the driver leg room...I have no comment.

I like the turn signal in my Raptor, it is far better than the high pitched "tick-tick-tick."

This is just my input and $.02 worth.

Hope it helps

Oh yeah, how much road time did you have with it and how much did you play the equipment in order to get comfortable?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds like if you want to be happy you should pass on the Raptor and get another Titan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I actually think my Raptor drives really nicely on the freeway. I live in the Bay Area in California and do a lot of freeway driving. My raptor is by far the most comfortable and enjoyable to drive then any of my other vehicles I have owned.

I have never noticed any type of jigglyness.. so I would say its prob the roadway that you were on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts