F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back to the hotel from seeing the Ford Raptor here in NYC that is taking part in the Bull Run 2009 with the Garage419 / Smoking Tire TV show guys!

I have video, pictures and conversation that I will post up AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Before I get into too much detail, I WILL OWN THIS TRUCK.

Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice Pics...the only thing that concerns me is the ride height. For a truck with 35" tires it doesnt look much taller than that Envoy or whatever is sitting beside it. Will have to look at giving those wheels a little more clearance when i get my hands on one.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I saw all of the video that the crew in the Raptor took during the Bull Run, very few comments about the truck and it`s performance either positive or negative, the one comment that was puzzling was "we are in a truck so we are going to be in the back of the pack, we just can`t keep up", this is why they left every stop first so they could film what they could of the event or should i say parade of cars passing them by. I was waiting to hear something like, this truck can hold it`s own or the performance is better than what we had thought but not a word at all about the engines performance.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nice Pics...the only thing that concerns me is the ride height. For a truck with 35" tires it doesnt look much taller than that Envoy or whatever is sitting beside it. Will have to look at giving those wheels a little more clearance when i get my hands on one.
From that angle, it doesn't appear that impressive I guess, but this one I took the following morning I hope will chance your mind.

so, you gonna tell us how it rides?
Well, I only got to go for short distances, but with the crappy NYC roads, this thing felt like butter. We never got over 50mph in a short stint and we hit a speed bump at a pretty good clip and took it like it wasn't even there. Also, we kinda "off-roaded" in the parking garage off a ledge and you could really feel the rebound in the shocks working. Soft at first, then slightly more and more firm as the truck descended upon itself. It was really great. I thought it ran similar to my Dad's old Mark LT 4-door with the 5.4, if not a little quicker. I think that the Raptor would actually take me in a drag race with my 4.6 3v Sport Trac.
I saw all of the video that the crew in the Raptor took during the Bull Run, very few comments about the truck and it`s performance either positive or negative, the one comment that was puzzling was "we are in a truck so we are going to be in the back of the pack, we just can`t keep up", this is why they left every stop first so they could film what they could of the event or should i say parade of cars passing them by. I was waiting to hear something like, this truck can hold it`s own or the performance is better than what we had thought but not a word at all about the engines performance.
In the last video, Matt said that there is going to be a full review on the Raptor coming.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I wouldn't take offense to any of those comments. It is an off-road truck afterall and on the road performance will not be spectacular. Yes it would have trouble keeping up with those sports cars and the way they stomp on it and get up to speed in a few seconds while the raptor falls behind. Heck I would fall behind in my old mustang I bet. Even with a supercharger it will never handle or accelerate like a fast car.

What I would have loved to see was the raptor taking off road shortcuts and get ahead of the whimpy sports cars:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice pics! Some really good shots/angles in there, and very nice attention to detail! What camera setup are you using?
Thanks! I love shooting pictures. As far as the camera setup, it depends on the picture itself. Some were shot with a Sony DSC-F828, while others were with the "real" camera; a Canon Kiss Digital [300D model in the USA] dSLR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! I love shooting pictures. As far as the camera setup, it depends on the picture itself. Some were shot with a Sony DSC-F828, while others were with the "real" camera; a Canon Kiss Digital [300D model in the USA] dSLR.
Very nice, I picked up a Nikon D40 a few months ago. Its amazing the clarity you get out of a DSLR....that and being able to pick out other DSLR pics! ;) Good shots again! :smileup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
From that angle, it doesn't appear that impressive I guess, but this one I took the following morning I hope will chance your mind.

Well, I only got to go for short distances, but with the crappy NYC roads, this thing felt like butter. We never got over 50mph in a short stint and we hit a speed bump at a pretty good clip and took it like it wasn't even there. Also, we kinda "off-roaded" in the parking garage off a ledge and you could really feel the rebound in the shocks working. Soft at first, then slightly more and more firm as the truck descended upon itself. It was really great.
I saw the Raptor at SEMA. It's a standout, that's for sure.

I was hoping it rode well in the rough stuff. I love that cushy ride feel you get with some of the 4x4's. Now are you referring to "rebound" or "jounce" off the ledge?

Michael

1 - 19 of 19 Posts