F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from the dealer and worked out a deal on a new 5.4 Raptor. I ordered a Flame Blue base model (no options) for $36,681. That is roughly $2300 off the MSRP. It wasn't easy. We went back and forth for a couple of days and involved multiple dealers. My total "out the door price" including all taxes, doc fees, tags and registration was $40, 638.

One other thing that the dealer added was free scheduled maintenance (oil changes, lubrication and tire rotations) for life.

How'd I do?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you go through Jim Click Ford for your Raptor? They are who I am talking with at the moment.
Holmes Tuttle...I understand that Click also owns 50% of that dealership as well. It wasn't an easy deal either. They really don't want to drop under MSRP, but I didn't have a trade and will be paying in cash when the truck arrives...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you finance thru Ford credit you should get another $1000 off, finance the truck first then pay it off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drove one at Jim Click last Friday. It was a nice ride, flame blue, loaded. It did make me sure that waiting for the 6.2 is the right choice for me.:smileup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I drove one at Jim Click last Friday. It was a nice ride, flame blue, loaded. It did make me sure that waiting for the 6.2 is the right choice for me.:smileup:
I drove the same truck about a hour after you left. I took it home to see if it would fit in my garage. I have to thank you for not buying it. If you had, I wouldn't have had the chance to take it home.

The salesman told me that the other perspective buyer (you) wanted to wait for the 6.2. I'm happy to get the 5.4 and ordered a blue base model on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I drove one for about an hour last week thinking that the 5.4 might work, well for me it isn`t going to, need to wait for the 6.2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drove the same truck about a hour after you left. I took it home to see if it would fit in my garage. I have to thank you for not buying it. If you had, I wouldn't have had the chance to take it home.

The salesman told me that the other perspective buyer (you) wanted to wait for the 6.2. I'm happy to get the 5.4 and ordered a blue base model on Tuesday.
Does it fit in your garage with no problem?

·
Registered
290 Posts
It will fit but I have to fold in both mirrors before I drive it in. The tightest clearance was the height. I cleared the top of the truck by about 1.5 inches...
I have exactly the opposite with my garage. The height is fine, maybe 3+ inches clearance but the width is tight, I don't have to fold in the mirrors but I have maybe an inch on either side and it's hard to line up. I do back in though since it's easier for me to get it all the way in using the rear camera. If I pull in forwards then I never know exactly how far is enough and I end up without enough room in front or rear each time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts