F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Am new here. I recently found the Raptor's online. I am in love with them. Can anyone share with me their experiences on getting dealers to "deal" on the list price?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Laura

·
Registered
101 Posts
The dealer a mile from my house from which I have bought 6 Fords from asked for Retail price. They made me a deal the same day for Retail minus $600. Since then, they have basically offered me their cost plus $2500. I told them that was still ridiculous and greedy for ordering a truck. I went to a dealer about 20 miles from me and they offered me Retail only with no possibility for change. I called a dealer about 45 minutes from me and they offered me their cost plus $1500. I think that is reasonable and have made that offer to dealer number 1. That's where I am right now and expect to order a truck this following week...from who? It's all about price to me.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I purchased my Raptor for $1600 under MSRP. That was fine for me. They are the only Ford dealer within 25 miles. I didn't bother going anywhere else. However, it is best to do your homework and research the cost of the truck and go into the dealer with loaded with information. If they don't want to deal take your purchase somewhere else but don't burn any bridges along the way...just in case.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my first post

hello-
i have looked all over the 'net for price info over three weeks.
there is lots of info spread around like 4 forums.
my conclusion is that it ($) depends on where you live.
i would guess most everyone is paying MSRP.
i would consider $1k off to be a bargain almost anyplace.
lots depends on if they were sitting there anyway.
some dealers were smart and ordered lots.
my dealer claims to have only ordered one.
i have also seen people write in forums that dealers are limited
on the svt allocation based on past sales. some dealers get
lots of these trucks. the biggest ford dealer in my state only have
3 coming in for the fall/ winter and they have like 30 f-150s on the lot.
in the west this truck is hot.
dealers will be depending on this truck for real profit when they (and you) know
a loaded f-150 is always $8-9k off MSRP.
the second you contact the dealer about a svt raptor,
an honest dealer should tell you straight up what they want for the truck.
my dealer knows they need to get you a price in 24 hrs or they will lose you to a more aggressive dealer.

i happily paid MSRP.

too much buying info-
don't get pre-approved at the bank or credit union to avoid extra hits on your credit score.
ask a credit union to see if the dealer can finance through that credit union.
the dealer does the credit check (one way or the other!) and sets up the loan through the credit union.
you become a member when the loan goes through.
3.75%.

good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts