Just Picked Up My Raptor

Discussion in '2017 Ford Raptor Forum' started by James46, May 17, 2017.

1. James46

James46 New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor SCAB
    Color?:
    Avalanche
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Happy day today, finally collected my truck from the dealership. Had to source one in St Louis and was looking at shipping back to Atlanta but a meeting in Louisville meant I could slide over and pick her up this morning - also giving me the chance for some gentle highway mileage to run in.

It's my first ever truck so coming from a VW GTI and Audi Q5 TDI that's been lowered it was quite a shock to clamber up into the Raptor - my initial feedback may differ from truck folks...

1) Was windy as hell today - they tend to move around a lot in the wind but I guess the large surface area and high roll centre contribute to that
    2) Impressively comfortable and quiet.... except for when you gun it - for sure I am going to get the fake engine noise turned off ASAP
    3) Proper gas mileage! None of the wimpy 38MPG the Audi would give at 79 MPH - Raptor gave me 14.2
    4) Ford soft tonneau cover flaps a lot at speed / high wind environment
    5) I am not brave enough yet to take it into a 6ft 6in parking deck
    6) Vehicle provides amusement to bystanders when being reversed out of parking lot with 6ft 6in height restriction
    7) Avalanche makes the stock cast wheels look especially poor (IMHO)
    8) Stock antenna is like a fishing rod

Will get her home late tomorrow night, into hair and makeup Friday morning (window tints, fit beadlocks I got off Craigslist, fit stubby antenna) before I post any photos.

One other observation - people get the hell out of your way much faster than if you are driving an Avis Mazda 6 sedan :)

James
    PS - I said no photos but I have to post this one, my favourite view of the truck so far is the shape of the rear fender in the drivers mirror - looks lovely and although it couldn't be further away from an Aston Martin Vanquish thats what it reminds me of..

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    RAPTOR2 and MikeH like this.
  2. MikeH

MikeH New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    I love my raptor. Got it 3 weeks ago. Everyday I have a shipment delivered of different stuff I bought for it. On and On and On. Enjoy!

3. RAPTOR2

RAPTOR2 Active Member Military

Vehicle?:
    2018 Raptor Screw
    Color?:
    Lead Foot
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    James , I find it best to use a nice hi glare spoon with a hunk of sunfish as bait on the antenna when fishing for Trout ! lmfao

rock1966 and MikeH like this.
  4. MikeH

MikeH New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Antenna was the first thing I replaced.