F-150 Raptor Forums banner

K&N CAI Installed

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  luckysv7 
#1 ·
I installed my new Christmas present. A new K&N 63-2575 CAI. Install took probably 45 minutes, and that is because I took my time and was more meticulous than I probably needed to be. It was easy and straight forward though.

I noticed an immediate difference on the test drive. The throaty V8 sound is magnified as advertised, and I was surprised at the difference in the throttle response. It was a littler more than I expected. It is a nice smooth acceleration, I noticed it most merging onto the expressway. I got up to speed quicker (and louder :D) than before.

Next up is an SCT tuner....after I save up the $$.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That did the same for mine. I noticed that it was a little easier on gas around town after the K&N CAI. The tuner has made a decent difference as well. I noticed the truck is a little louder after the tune when I run with the cutout open. It has helped the acceleration a bunch.

#4 ·
I have a 5.4 with a SCT X3 tune, K/N CAI and a catback exhaust and this made a good amount of difference in the power ect... I have been running this same set up for over 2 years. You will enjoy a lot more with the bolt ons.
Just curious....who did you get your tune from? And what kind of tune did you get? Performance? Economy?

Thanks.

#6 ·
I have been thinking about a CAI but I am nervous that my truck would be more likely to suck in water off roading. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
My initial thought on this is that it wouldn't be anymore susceptible than the stock airbox. While the stock box with the lid might provide a little more "splash protection", it isn't a watertight enclosure. And if enough water is getting in from the front it's going to get to either filter. If water comes in from underneath both filters are equally exposed. The other thing that I thought about is that my K&N is an oiled filter, not dry like the stock filter. So the dry filter is going to absorb more when water gets to it. But K&N does offer a DryCharger wrap (http://www.knfilters.com/search/wrap.aspx) that is water repellent.

This is just my 2 cents...hope that helps.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.