F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2014 Raptor is good condition with 40 k miles. Added and took off a JLT CAI and added a 5 Star Tune.and a Pedal Commander. Truck runs great now. Yeah the interior seats are slightly worn and it’s dated inside even though it’s loaded
Got a great deal on a new Superduty with the 7.3 gasser.
I really don’t pull enough weight to justify a Superduty but I love the 7.3 ( yeah I know it’s slower ) plus it’s nice and updated.
I know the Raptor 6.2 is a great engine if properly cared for. I just worry about other things like the AC and no warranty. I replaced my AC 3 x in my 2011 Raptor and the 2018 I owned for a short period of time. I just didn’t like the turbo on the 2018 even though it was faster and more updated.
Any suggestions on the new Superduty duty? Is it worth the trade ? This is not a huge factor but I need tires on my Raptor

·
Registered
16 Posts
I own a 2014 Raptor is good condition with 40 k miles. Added and took off a JLT CAI and added a 5 Star Tune.and a Pedal Commander. Truck runs great now. Yeah the interior seats are slightly worn and it’s dated inside even though it’s loaded
Got a great deal on a new Superduty with the 7.3 gasser.
I really don’t pull enough weight to justify a Superduty but I love the 7.3 ( yeah I know it’s slower ) plus it’s nice and updated.
I know the Raptor 6.2 is a great engine if properly cared for. I just worry about other things like the AC and no warranty. I replaced my AC 3 x in my 2011 Raptor and the 2018 I owned for a short period of time. I just didn’t like the turbo on the 2018 even though it was faster and more updated.
Any suggestions on the new Superduty duty? Is it worth the trade ? This is not a huge factor but I need tires on my Raptor
Can’t go wrong buying a new truck
Keep the raptor and buy the new truck 😊
If your married like myself do what I do
(It’s better to ask for forgiveness instead of permission) works for me !

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the idea above....LOL Yep I'm down with the "forgivness" program. I even have a more deep web procedure that involves accessing " email provider servers " which prevents Pay Pal email notifications going to my wifes phone !!! since we use the same account. ;)
Personally, I would keep the old 1 for a beater.... or to lend to the kids... ect.
My whip took me 1 year of "working on my brother" to get. Since my F150 platinum has 180K , it is still capable of making a 8-12hr long road trip hauling snowmobiles.... so it's a B/U rig.
Food for thought... after looking at new Raptor prices or even new Platinum for that matter , getting rid of my old F150 for a few K of throw money ??? Not worth it ! Just my .02

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll take the alternative view, as it reads like you are looking for support to justify the purchase.

I'm not into family deception like the others. Having 'new' or 'nice' or 'updated' is of no interest to me. The '14 SCAB here with 38K on it is not outdated to me. The seats still look like new. When they wear down, I have new factory 'in box' covers ready to go. Same with brake pads and rotors. New ones waiting. Same with spark plugs and wires. The last truck (F-150) I owned for 17 years. The one previous to that (F-150) I owned for 24 years. I cannot imagine that at 40K miles it's time to get rid of it because of upcoming maintenance.

It's all personal interest and choice. If 'new' and 'updated' is your priority, then spend the $.

Based on your post you do not need the Superduty. To me, just because it's a good deal doesn't read like justification to get it You can buy a dead horse on a good deal too, but what good is it?

Save your money for the coming zombie apocalypse. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts