F-150 Raptor Forums banner

Keeping the Green "Union Made" sticker on windshield

9K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  rakovici1m 
#1 ·
I am having a 3M dealer install Crystaline 90 film on my windshield and front door windows next week. I have the supercab, and will keep the factory tint on the back window and the two pocket door windows.

The installer suggested that the sticker on the lower passerger side section of the windshield be removed as part of the installation. Quite frankly, I am a huge union supporter and would rather keep the round green "union made" sticker. How many of you removed that sticker? For those that did not and had their windshield tinted, is the sticker causing problems with your film?

I may have the installer cut the film that goes over the sticker - he was not sure if the film would properly adhear to the sticker.

Sorry for the very minor question, but I really do like the sticker and what it stands for...

#27 ·
Didn't most unions support Obama? It's only going to get worse....
Not most, ALL.
I'm sure it's been getting better, haven't we been in the Summer-of-Recovery (per Obama and Biden) since 6/17/2010. I'm sure in nearly 3 years Obama has fixed the economy. I'd LOL at this point if it wasn't such a serious failure of leadership.:shakehead:

Side note: Politicians can NEVER fix the economy. They can screw it up, or get out of the way and let our free-market perform as it should. There is no third option.

#29 ·
If there wasnt unions my Raptor would of cost me probably 5 to 10 thousand less than what pricing currently is. I hope all unions crumble and we can get this country back in gear.

#31 ·
I dont think its a question of skill or not. Its just the part where unions get in over their head. Like with Hostess, they wanted X,Y and Z or they were going to strike. Unions will not work with the companies trying to keep everyone jobs. Hostess put their foot down and said they were not putting up with it and I dont blame them. Beggers cant be choosers. I think everyone believes we all need to work together to survive....not demand and threaten.

#32 ·
I am having a 3M dealer install Crystaline 90 film on my windshield and front door windows next week. I have the supercab, and will keep the factory tint on the back window and the two pocket door windows.

The installer suggested that the sticker on the lower passerger side section of the windshield be removed as part of the installation. Quite frankly, I am a huge union supporter and would rather keep the round green "union made" sticker. How many of you removed that sticker? For those that did not and had their windshield tinted, is the sticker causing problems with your film?

I may have the installer cut the film that goes over the sticker - he was not sure if the film would properly adhear to the sticker.

Sorry for the very minor question, but I really do like the sticker and what it stands for...
Don't cut the tint film. Just get a half dozen of those LIVE BETTER (WORSE) WORK UNION stickers and plaster them on the side panels. People will get the idea. Generally when I see them, they're on the bent bumper of a 20 year old pick-up with a dragging muffler. I always wonder which new Mercedes model his union president drives. :box2:

#36 ·
I'm not a union shop, when I left the union to start my own company I was going to stay union although the contract that I would have had to sign my life and blood to man to stay union I felt it was not worth the nine unvested years to stay union. As for the sticker I do not feel it's statement is union I feel it's a statement of MADE IN AMERCIA and if I'm ether union or not union I'm proud to be AMERCIAN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.