F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to do change up the wheels on my Raptor after I saw another one running around town, I don't like to have the exact same vehicle as someone else, so I went with the KMC Enduros with the actual beadlock. I also decided to change it up even more by first powder coating the beadring

While wheel looked great by itself and mounted on the BFG's, the machined silver really took away from the truck so I decided to paint the wheels the same color graphite as the trucks fender flares........

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wheels look sick! One question how did you balance out the wheels with beadlocks? Are beadlock street legal, I was under the assumption they weren't?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wheels look sick! One question how did you balance out the wheels with beadlocks? Are beadlock street legal, I was under the assumption they weren't?
Its something called "sandbags". Oilfield guys use them on their trucks. They are small bags of slicone sand you throw in the tire when your mounting them up. They balance out everytime, you just have to deal with a couple seconds of a slightly shakey steering wheel every once and while until the sand balances it out. No they are not street legal, but most cops don't even notice, in fact I got pulled over by a cop cuz he wanted to ask me questions about it and he didn't say anything bad about them

·
Registered
433 Posts
Those rims look great on your truck. You should take some daytime pics just so we can really see them your garage is fairly dark.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thats great! Those wheels look awesome! I can't wait to get my truck I was thinking of doing some simulated beadlocks.

Its something called "sandbags". Oilfield guys use them on their trucks. They are small bags of slicone sand you throw in the tire when your mounting them up. They balance out everytime, you just have to deal with a couple seconds of a slightly shakey steering wheel every once and while until the sand balances it out. No they are not street legal, but most cops don't even notice, in fact I got pulled over by a cop cuz he wanted to ask me questions about it and he didn't say anything bad about them

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those rims look great on your truck. You should take some daytime pics just so we can really see them your garage is fairly dark.
I'll see what I can do......

Thats great! Those wheels look awesome! I can't wait to get my truck I was thinking of doing some simulated beadlocks.
Nice, what wheels you thinking about?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Awesome look. Watch out with powder coating aluminum parts though. It messes with their metallurgy. People have done that with scuba tanks and they failed (fatally I might add) Don't think I haven't thought about pulling my lower a-arms already and having them buffed and anodized or coated to match the truck!!! That and the rear diff cover. Anyone know what Magtech fits the Raptor's diff?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Great looking wheels! I can attest to the sand-balancing job, too. I currently have 325/60/18's on an 07 FX4 and they work great for being over 14" wide.
Reddog...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts