F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putting up my mods so far. I ordered in October 09 and got the truck in May 10, long time coming but definitely worth it.

So far 18" Fuel Octane rims with 35" General Grabbers, I was gonna go with KMC Monsters but when I saw that flat black Raptor that somebody posted with the Octane's I was sold.

Extang Express Bed Cover

Powdercoated the exhaust tip flat black

30" LED light bar mounted up front hooked up to aux 1

400W power inverter hooked up to aux 4 and a 110V outlet by the passenger's left leg

Then some small stuff like Bosch wipers and llumar window tints.

I got some stuff on the inside that I'll take pictures of and post.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! How did you get the tips off? I loosened the clamps but the tips wouldn't budge. Do I need to take a rubber mallet to it?
Just loosened the clamps and about 10 min of pulling and wiggling up and down at the same time and about a bucket of sweat with this Miami heat.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Not too keen on the rims, but that exhaust is a definate 10 out of 10. Has it held up good to abuse from flying rocks, etc?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I really like the look of the 30" LED on the Ford Racing light bar :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not too keen on the rims, but that exhaust is a definate 10 out of 10. Has it held up good to abuse from flying rocks, etc?
You know since I put it on last week I really haven't gone off road too much. Once but just a light trip but no chips after that one. I'll keep an eye on that and let you know.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just putting up my mods so far. I ordered in October 09 and got the truck in May 10, long time coming but definitely worth it.

So far 18" Fuel Octane rims with 35" General Grabbers, I was gonna go with KMC Monsters but when I saw that flat black Raptor that somebody posted with the Octane's I was sold.

Extang Express Bed Cover

Powdercoated the exhaust tip flat black

30" LED light bar mounted up front hooked up to aux 1

400W power inverter hooked up to aux 4 and a 110V outlet by the passenger's left leg

Then some small stuff like Bosch wipers and llumar window tints.

I got some stuff on the inside that I'll take pictures of and post.
I love those Octane rims, and really dig the 30" lightbar!! How are you liking the LED lightbar so far?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The LED lightbar is great. I like that it doesn't draw your attention away from the rest of the truck like four 8" Hella's would. That said, I think that 4 HID's would give you greater distance although I'm not complaining, I'm happy with my decision. I've tried the lights out off-road and when it was pretty dark and I was able to see fine. If I was going 70 mph or more then it might be a problem but I don't think I'll be driving that fast off-road at night anytime soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Raptor is stuck in Buenos Aires right now! That's why I haven't posted anything new. I live in Paraguay and the truck shipped out of Miami in Sept, arrived in BSAS Oct 21 and has been stuck there because the river depth right now isn't deep enough for the cargo ship to navigate through. Also I just heard a few days ago that the port workers are on strike... This stuff sounds weird I know but it's the kind of stuff that you have to get used to living in South America.

At least I have to forum to get me through the wait lol I ordered a set of SW headers like Wiz has but I'm keeping the stock muffler and tips because I don't want the drone, only the power. I have an exhaust cut out for when I feel like having loud exhaust.

Also have plans to take off the light bar and install it behind the grill because here in Asuncion there is a lot of aux light theft. A couple of friends have already had their hella's stolen.

Anyways, just wanted to explain why I've been a deadbeat thread starter. As soon as the Raptor comes in I'll start with the mods again.

·
Registered
344 Posts
At least I have to forum to get me through the wait lol I ordered a set of SW headers like Wiz has but I'm keeping the stock muffler and tips because I don't want the drone, only the power. I have an exhaust cut out for when I feel like having loud exhaust.
QUOTE]

When you get the truck back could you post up a video of what the exhaust cut out sounds like and where it was welded in place? What brand of cut out did you use and how is it holding up?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Truck looks great. What is the back spacing on your wheels? I'm waiting for a video clip of how your truck sounds after the long tubes. Oh and love the exhaust tips.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts