F-150 Raptor Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The Lane Keeping, Lane Departure warning and Adaptive Cruise control are sick too.
Fox , I agree with all said , on both posts.....
Washer not gone mine works fine, washes camera every time wind shield is sprayed

Reactions: Rapdav18

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes to Fox and Raptor2/said it right. It would be great if the truck came with an instructional DVD and hard written Manuel. To all of my Raptor friends out there be careful in the fuel choices you make. Its a life and death decision for these engines. If you decide to use anything other than a premium petroleum based gas it can do damage to the fuel lines and fuel tank. Check with your dealership if your trying E-85 fuels etc......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes to Fox and Raptor2/said it right. It would be great if the truck came with an instructional DVD and hard written Manuel. To all of my Raptor friends out there be careful in the fuel choices you make. Its a life and death decision for these engines. If you decide to use anything other than a premium petroleum based gas it can do damage to the fuel lines and fuel tank. Check with your dealership if your trying E-85 fuels etc......
So best to stick with non-Ethanol or Premium 91 E10 if possible?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes the premium 91 is great. My truck says only petroleum based fuels. That means no E-85. My 2016 5.0 v8 was dual fuel and said it in the door. This Raptor says gas only. It might differ in other regions so its always better to make that phone call and ask before adding different fuels to your system. Ford performance could always add real plastic racing fuel cells. Corrosion problem solved.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Reactions: Rapdav18

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Officially punted '18 Leadfoot for '21 Powerboost Platinum until something other than the EcoBust is available in the Raptor. Powerboost is killer, would like it in the Raptor. Maybe someday...

·
Registered
272 Posts
The dealership keeps trying to buy mine and sell me a powerboost. My issue is it’s got the same engine v6 tt and same 10 speed trans. Yes an electric motor but same internals that have plagued me for 4 years now. I love my 18 Raptor but hate the engine and transmission. Those cam phasers are a nightmare. I’m not sure what to do anymore as my truck is long out of warranty.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The dealership keeps trying to buy mine and sell me a powerboost. My issue is it’s got the same engine v6 tt and same 10 speed trans. Yes an electric motor but same internals that have plagued me for 4 years now. I love my 18 Raptor but hate the engine and transmission. Those cam phasers are a nightmare. I’m not sure what to do anymore as my truck is long out of warranty.
Well the v6 tt is still technically an EcoBoost however it isn't the HO version from the Raptor. The Powerboost power delivery is a bit clunky, moreso on the XLT version than the Platinum I have been driving. More HP and torque by my seat of pants meter.

Thinking I'll pick up Raptor 37 even though it will have the EcoBust just to get the new suspension and tire size.

Drove 3200 mile roadtrip on my '18 Leadfoot before trading it at 49k and after driving around the Powerboost, the screen on the Raptor seemed tiny. The flat folding seats in the Platinum would have been great for that drive and I hope that these will be available on the Raptor too.

The Powerboost XLT was available in Leadfoot but I had to go with Carbonized grey on the Platinum due to Leadfoot not being offered... None of the trucks I order will have the frickin moonroof ever again. That thing is heavy, expensive and loud. Unnecessary.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts