F-150 Raptor Forums banner

Lead Foot On The Way

7K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  Lead/foot 
#1 ·
Previous: 2010 Oxford white supercab

Current: 2014 Race Red Super Crew beadlocks

As much as I like the 6.2L V8, I couldn't resist getting in to a 2018 Lead Foot beadlocks 802A tech - everything but graphics packages and carbon fiber. Should be here in a couple weeks. Pics will follow.

In hindsight, I wish I had a place to store them and should have kept them all. But these things are holding value better than any other car I have owned. I see them for sale used for more than retail.

I know autos are not investments but these come close.

#5 ·
Lead Foot in the house! 2010 Oxford white and 2014 Race Red were both winners so why would this be any different? Only 236 miles so far, 7 when I picked it up. Impressions so far:

Lead Foot color is fantastic. Especially with the dark beadlock option.
Heated steering wheel = big plus in polar environments
Lane departure warning = kick butt, love it
Auto Stop = love it, not sure why others hate this so much?
Keyless entry = ahhh, home at last...
10 speed tranny - hey the more the merrier in my book
Heated rear seats - why not?
B&O sounds more high fidelity than the Sony from previous. More clarity. Phone calls in HD are stunningly clear
Sync 3.0 is WAYYYYY better than Sync in the 2014
Rear floor unobstructed by sub-woofer
Nice placement of USB ports front and rear
Tailgate locks automatically
Tailgate release from remote
Blind spot sensors

Getting 15mpg initially while 6.2L was 12-13mpg reliably.

Things uncertain of:

Dual panel moonroof or sunroof or whatever is nice but wonder about value and added weight? Pretty stunning view of the stars at night for all passengers however.
Haven't done any Pro Trailering backup/hookups yet. Seems like a solid feature though.
Steering modes - haven't noticed a big difference in settings
Drive Modes - does the Raptor only have Normal and Tow/Haul, no Eco, Snow or Sport Diving Modes? Do the other F150 have those described in the owner's manual?
Sirius radio seems to be more prone to dropouts - perhaps a smaller buffer memory?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Snow

#6 ·
I said the same thing on my review the day after I picked up my freakin' wicked killer Leadfoot.....
Totally with Leadfoot the Beadlocks are the shit, they blend rite in with the Body !!!!
Graphics look badass with the Leadfoot Too !!!!!;)

Hey Fox here's my review on my '18 Leadfoot ... lmfao
Lead Foot 2018

Enjoy Bro !:)

#7 ·
Congratulations! Looks Great! Moon roof awesome no structural issues. On your steering wheel right side bottom is your modes No one ever does but I highly recommend reading through the manual . I really need to also. Too many features to describe. Love your excitement,i feel it eveytime I drive mine. Don't forget the paddle shifters. lol they are sweet too! Have a great weekend. Have fun with your beautiful new truck.

#8 ·
So are Terrain Modes and Drives Modes interchangeable on the Raptor? I thought that the button on the shifter marked "Tow/Haul" was the control for "Drive Modes". So is there an Eco drive mode or is that F150 only?

Raptor2 - I sound like a parrot of your post! Funny.

RapDav18 - exciting yes! Of mine, 2010 was a SuperCab and had the most cush ride and killer white gauge faces, 2014 had the upgraded feature set, torsion front diff, HID headlights and beadlock rims but this 2018 seems to have improved even more with refinements on all fronts.

If I want to go ride the sled today, I have to go dig around and see if I have a hitch and ball as my old one didn't want to come off and I didn't want to wait around on a dime holding up a dollar. Maybe I run down and buy a new hitch and ball...

#9 ·
Desert Fox-HMMMMMM good question. I am going out right now so I will experiment with the buttons and let you know what happens. I have only messed with sport and rain mode on the wheel. I need to see what the other buttons do. Meaning on the shifter. I would go treat your truck to a new ball and hitch. Now that sounds parrot/funny. Take more pics of your truck in the snow. Soooooooooo Sweet!

#11 · (Edited)
Desertfox- The Plus and minus on the shifter is for manual shifting same as the paddle shifters. Funny as I have never thought of pushing them. I really need to read my manual. They are actually easier to use than the paddle shifter. As for the eco drive mode its the first mode with the symbol of a traffic lane. Second mode is an S which is the sport mode. Sport mode tightens up the steering and greatly improves the speed of the shift points in the transmission. In your conditions try the mud/rain mode or Baja mode they are great full time 4 wheel drive modes as I have smoothly driven at 80 mph in rain/mud mode with no problems. Any mode but the last one which is rock crawl. I never knew you could drive so fast in 4 wheel drive relatively safely. Love this truck!

#12 ·
OK, I got the Adaptive cruise running as well as the lane keeping assist. Was using the lane drift warning already. All three work great. Love how you slow to the rear of the car you are approaching, signal, pull in to passing lane, and resume!

It appears to me that the only Raptor Drive Modes are Normal and Tow/Haul. The Terrain Modes must incorporate the other Drive Modes (except Economy because who the hell is going to use Eco on a Raptor??) I'll get to a dealership at some point so I can see a regular F150 for comparison.

Seriously considering a 2 week 3k mile road trip to get away from work and enjoy the new whip...

#19 ·
So far so good! A few anomalies:

I found it odd that on both Trip1 and Trip2, the right upper panel shows miles to empty - this was gallons consumed on my 2014 and I can't remember on my 2010. Since miles to empty is shown above the fuel gauge, seems unnecessarily redundant.

Fuel economy while towing is pretty bad. Even just towing a tilt-bed sled trailer with 2 sleds really drags it down. I'm glad my towing needs are light - otherwise hanging on to the 6.2L Raptor or better yet, going back to a 3/4 ton diesel, would be a much better bet.

The front camera washer is gone? Seems like THAT should have stayed since it is playing a much more pivotal role with the technology package. Two times now I have had a message saying that the camera needed to be cleaned.

Cupholders are OK but I kinda liked the old style as they fit the "tankard" coffee mugs I tend to use.

Been running mostly Premium 91 octane non-Ethanol or 91 E10. Have not tried a tank of Regular or any E15 yet.

Absolutely LOVE keyless entry and start! I had a 2010 Mitsubishi Evo Lancer MR Touring that had keyless entry and missed never having to remove my key from my pocket.

LOVE heated steering wheel! Again, had this on other vehicles and missed it on my Raptors. New steering wheel is pretty slick too.

LOVE the interior ambient lighting, bed lights.

Passengers love the massive sun/moon roof.

Seat heaters are NUCLEAR!!! Like a forest fire... Can't leave them on high for long!

AWD mode and wet/snow mode is a nice addition

Truck is fast. Too much ice and snow currently to really explore that much.

Need to install lighting, radios, radar, dash cam and other goodies to upfitter switches!

Not sure that I'm going to have my studded Kellys installed, prolly wait till next winter at this point.

From 2010 to 2015, I rarely saw another Raptor locally. Now, it seems like I'm seeing a half dozen a day. Guess people caught on...

#20 ·
The Lane Keeping, Lane Departure warning and Adaptive Cruise control are sick too.

I have yet to setup and use the Pro Trailer Backup.

Can you play a DVD on the screen when stopped? I could on my 2010 but then not on the 2014...

Trying desperately to hold off on purchasing the roll-up tonneau cover and mad-ramps with the sled kit...

#21 ·
The Lane Keeping, Lane Departure warning and Adaptive Cruise control are sick too.
Fox , I agree with all said , on both posts.....
Washer not gone mine works fine, washes camera every time wind shield is sprayed

Reactions: Rapdav18
#22 ·
Yes to Fox and Raptor2/said it right. It would be great if the truck came with an instructional DVD and hard written Manuel. To all of my Raptor friends out there be careful in the fuel choices you make. Its a life and death decision for these engines. If you decide to use anything other than a premium petroleum based gas it can do damage to the fuel lines and fuel tank. Check with your dealership if your trying E-85 fuels etc......

#25 ·
Yes the premium 91 is great. My truck says only petroleum based fuels. That means no E-85. My 2016 5.0 v8 was dual fuel and said it in the door. This Raptor says gas only. It might differ in other regions so its always better to make that phone call and ask before adding different fuels to your system. Ford performance could always add real plastic racing fuel cells. Corrosion problem solved.

#28 ·
The dealership keeps trying to buy mine and sell me a powerboost. My issue is it’s got the same engine v6 tt and same 10 speed trans. Yes an electric motor but same internals that have plagued me for 4 years now. I love my 18 Raptor but hate the engine and transmission. Those cam phasers are a nightmare. I’m not sure what to do anymore as my truck is long out of warranty.

#30 ·
Well the v6 tt is still technically an EcoBoost however it isn't the HO version from the Raptor. The Powerboost power delivery is a bit clunky, moreso on the XLT version than the Platinum I have been driving. More HP and torque by my seat of pants meter.

Thinking I'll pick up Raptor 37 even though it will have the EcoBust just to get the new suspension and tire size.

Drove 3200 mile roadtrip on my '18 Leadfoot before trading it at 49k and after driving around the Powerboost, the screen on the Raptor seemed tiny. The flat folding seats in the Platinum would have been great for that drive and I hope that these will be available on the Raptor too.

The Powerboost XLT was available in Leadfoot but I had to go with Carbonized grey on the Platinum due to Leadfoot not being offered... None of the trucks I order will have the frickin moonroof ever again. That thing is heavy, expensive and loud. Unnecessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.