F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've signed my Raptor 5,4 order by the dealer at September 26th. (1 month ago)

Could someone tell me something about the leadtime and what I can aspect about availability...?!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your VIN should be created by now.
Have your dealer look it up on vehicle visibilty on their dealerconnection web site.
But as I've found the dates when it's suppose to be shipped you have to be patient because they aren't always right.
They should be getting very close to building your Raptor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer in the USA will not give me the VIN number, because he is exporting the vehicle to me here in Europe, and he is affraid because Ford don't like this kind of traffic... (don't ask me why) Note; I don't like the small, low, green, boring cars thet build here overseas! So ordered a Raptor!!!

Is there someone with almost the same order date...?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Its probably gonna be another 4 weeks or so before its finished. I ordered mine on aug 29 and still havent got mine starting my 8th week now. You should probably expect to get yours at the end of Nov. or beggining of Dec.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Took me 42 days from order to delivery at the Dealer Ordered 8-29 Delivered 10-04:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
599 Posts
So Fordude and DLY both ordered on the same day and DLY has his truck and Fordude doesnt. How does this happen? Location?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The dealer in the USA will not give me the VIN number, because he is exporting the vehicle to me here in Europe, and he is affraid because Ford don't like this kind of traffic... (don't ask me why) Note; I don't like the small, low, green, boring cars thet build here overseas! So ordered a Raptor!!!

Is there someone with almost the same order date...?

Ok what country are you in? I only ask because I am here in Germany and I have imported 4 cars so far and the not giving a VIN is BS and you should call the dealer out on that. Assuming you have paid for the car the VIN is yours!! I mean just for you to do the papers on your end here in europe you will need the VIN for processing and Import fees.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, bummer. I read today in an article written Oct 21st that FORD had received 3,000 orders. I wonder how many they build a day?

·
Registered
209 Posts
So Fordude and DLY both ordered on the same day and DLY has his truck and Fordude doesnt. How does this happen? Location?

I ordered mine same time period as DLY 8/29 mine got built after his 10/5, delivered 10/20 it had some delays. It was going to be delivered same time as DLY's but never got built til 10/5 I live 3 hrs away from Dearborn and comes on a carrier. Can't always go by when they are ordered as you can see from differences between mine and DLY's

·
Registered
16 Posts
I placed an order through a small-town dealer on September 30th. The Raptor was built the week of October 19th, and is now sitting and waiting for the delivery truck. If it means anything, I did have an email from Ford promising preferred treatment due to expressing interest earlier in the year, along with the $750 in Ford Racing parts. I feel sorry for anyone that has to wait two months or more for their Raptor.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine came in today im am picking it up tommorow. I am in Canada.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I order the day before them and my dealer now tells me it will be here this week (was supposed to be today). I know why mine has taken so long.. dealer screw ups! First it was needing a signed order for Ford along with a copy of my license for the Raptor order program. I found out this was needed when I called the salesman to ask a question and at the he he says..oh yeah, I need you to come in and sign a sales order so I can send it to Ford. So I go in that day and sign the paper for him and he is to send it to Ford, but I emailed him 2 weeks later for a status and the next day they send me a copy of the email saying the paperwork for the Raptor program was received and it was approved for and sent to ordering... but the date on the acceptance was the day I emailed on the status, looks like my status request acted as a reminder to fax the papers in! Another not so nice email goes to the general manager, and now he is the one giving me info on my Raptor. It would have been so eazy if to accept the delay if they would have come forward and said.. hey, we made a few errors with your order that will delay it a little, but they will not even say they made any errors causing the delay. Waiting for a VIN trace to see for myself, if they send me it!

All I can say is keep on the salesman's ass... make sure they sent the paperwork to Ford and ask for a copy of the Raptor Retail Order Verification Program Claim Status!

Oh yeah.. and I had the email for the preferred build also.. for the no good it did me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Jason, I'm in the Netherlands. I know it's bull****, but my local dealer ordered the truck for me and will arrange the import. Note; 100% payment after delivery. (only give him my ex-car and I'm now using for free a second hand Excursion)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Jason, I'm in the Netherlands. I know it's bull****, but my local dealer ordered the truck for me and will arrange the import. Note; 100% payment after delivery. (only give him my ex-car and I'm now using for free a second hand Excursion)

Ok full out import. Then you are really stuck at the hands of the import agency. Its normally easier to actually do it yourself. Where are you in the Neatherlands, I come up there often. I have some good friends that life in Vuren. I was also recently there for the Ahoy 100% Tuning show.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Close to Amsterdam. My dealer is major trading company in F150 / F250 and Dodge. So he understand the game. And I want it on paper/plates in the new year. (ordered on truck status, so no taxes, duty, vat and I've ordered additional 200 liter LPG,GPL autogas tank)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I ordered my Raptor on Oct.14th. I just got my order number and projected build date of Nov. 11th. Exactly 4 weeks from order to build. That seems kinda long considering some of you took delivery in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I had the same experience as Philco. I shopped around, got my best deal, shook hands and went home to wait. A week later I was asked to bring the title of my present F150 I'm trading. WTF I asked? Another week passes and this time he needs a copy of my drivers license. WTF again? I absolutely refused to give FOMO my license number so just crossed it out and sent a copy sans the number. I'm thinking this is a bunch of personal info just to buy a pickup? Ordered Oct. 1st and told my delivery date is Dec. 2nd. Now I'm wondering if they have any ocean-front property in Detroit?
Reddog...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had the same experience as Philco. I shopped around, got my best deal, shook hands and went home to wait. A week later I was asked to bring the title of my present F150 I'm trading. WTF I asked? Another week passes and this time he needs a copy of my drivers license. WTF again? I absolutely refused to give FOMO my license number so just crossed it out and sent a copy sans the number. I'm thinking this is a bunch of personal info just to buy a pickup? Ordered Oct. 1st and told my delivery date is Dec. 2nd. Now I'm wondering if they have any ocean-front property in Detroit?
Reddog...
Hey Reddog,

FMC wants that as part of the new Raptor Retail Order Verification Program that is designed to get Raptors into the hands of actual buyers, not dealers. It is supposed to boost up the build date to a customer as compared to just going to sit on a dealers lot (not that my dealer told me this, but another one did while we were talking about the Raptor while my wife was buying her Fusion).

·
Banned
0 Posts
FWIW, I worked thru a broker. He spent a full two days contacting various dealerships before actually placing the order with one. When I asked why he did so, he explained that Ford, in particular, has a order-acceptance rotation. A dealership will accept your order any time of course; they want to make the sale. But what they don't tell you is when, exactly, they're next up in the rotation. I guess the dealerships are grouped by Ford, and those groups are then presented a window of order opportunity by Ford, only during which orders are actually accepted by Ford. If the dealership isn't up, your order sits on their desk waiting till it is.

So what we did is search our state for a dealership who was currently 'up', and who was willing to give me one of their order slots (I guess the number of accepted orders is also limited by Ford). Of the few we found that were willing, we price leveraged one against the other and ended up placing an order.

Lead time from dealer submission to truck delivery is currently running at right around 6 weeks. Any time beyond that, and you know you ordered when your dealer was out of rotation.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
599 Posts
That all sounds right. I was going to order mine on a Monday and the dealer told me not to make a special trip as his "orders" wouldnt go in until that same Thursday. As a side note, My Raptor was scheduled for build today! Pretty cool being built on veterans day for a former Marine!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts