F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this might be a stupid question but could you combine +2 lowering shackles to get an inch of more droop travel with say dever +3 or icon 1.25” springs to maintain tide height? Currently have the icon rxt kit and was thinking I could add a drop shackle to get more travel? Adding longer break lines isn’t a problem but what problems would I have and any cons? Would that increase my overall travel?

·
Registered
78 Posts
"Okay so" here is my response. Generally, longer shackles are installed to makeup for the raised rear height of stiffer springs like the Deaver +3's. Longer shackles will bring the rear back down to near original factory height. Doing it to gain more travel one way, just shortens the travel the other way. In an extreme situation, the shocks could bottom out and shove the piston thru the top of the shock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Okay so" here is my response. Generally, longer shackles are installed to makeup for the raised rear height of stiffer springs like the Deaver +3's. Longer shackles will bring the rear back down to near original factory height. Doing it to gain more travel one way, just shortens the travel the other way. In an extreme situation, the shocks could bottom out and shove the piston thru the top of the shock.
Thank you appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts