F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've got a 2014 F150 6.2 L and I think of replacing my halogen bulbs with LEDs, to get brighter light and more focused beams.
For years, I noticed that the light was getting worse, yet now it's time to do something. Last week I tried replacing my old halogen bulbs with a new set by Osram, with no luck. So I believe it is time to try something different.
Is there something special I need to know before I start the conversion?
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also have the Morimoto's. LOVE THEM!! They make my 2012 look more modern. And the amount of light is a significant upgrade. I was never happy with the original headlights and was looking for years for the right light. Many of the others had reviews with poor fitment or condensation. No such problems with these. And they have the 5 year warranty! Easy install. The only problem is Ford's. There's no way to adjust the position without removing the light (could potentially adjust on the driver's side but have after market air filter blocking the area. The driver's side is blocked by the battery).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, folks! I thought of ordering just a couple of LED bulbs to replace my stock ones to get brighter light. Just like you guys said, I never liked the light output my OE lights provide from the very beginning. Yet, now the situation got even worse.

Last night I was looking at Beamtech, Auxito, Hikari and Fahren. Based on the price and reviews from the verified buyers who installed these LEDs on the 2016 Raptor I was just about to buy a pair of Fahren LED from Amazon: Fahren LED | Headlight Bulbs by Official Manufacturer. I was closer to these LEDs, as they seem to have the smallest rear part which is important for my Raptor.

Yet, now I think I'd rather pay more to get Morimoto and pick the lights that have 5 years warranty and that you say are really worth it.
Yeah, I am aware of the driver's side light bulb having not much space there, that's why I was concerned and decided to ask here, you know, not to get something that will not fit there. I see, that LEDs are just specific in terms of bulb size, yet they may fit different vehicles in a different way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey DarkMan,
I was in your position also. My 2014 6.2 w/Xenon is a nice OEM upgrade, but was so convinced on the Morimoto's because IMO it updated my front end. Did the research, looked at comparisons, and saw examples. Was an easy decision for me, instead of just updated the LED Bulbs. I wish you luck.👍👍😊.. N
Wheel Vehicle Car Grille Hood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.