F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently measured the height of the front and back of my gen 1. I need at least a 2.5 lift to come close to leveling the front end. It’s closer to 3 inches.

Question
I’ve looked all over and I can’t find a 2.5 inch leveling kit that isn’t shocks. Closest is the adjustable loft at 2.25.

Anyone have a 2.5 inch on a gen1 that could point me to a link?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do not use lift spacers or kits. They cause all kinds of problems. Go to mid-perch on the shocks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do not use lift spacers or kits. They cause all kinds of problems. Go to mid-perch on the shocks.
Agree with this 100%

Search the forums: Mid Perch, Top Perch. Also Geiser Springs can be added. While leveling kits exist.... do NOT use them. So many better options!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I
Agree with this 100%

Search the forums: Mid Perch, Top Perch. Also Geiser Springs can be added. While leveling kits exist.... do NOT use them. So many better options!
I was aware of the perch option however I thought that would affect the ride more than a leveling kit. But I will go with your advice.

so I can add larger springs
Or add larger shocks

but no on the leveling kit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You’re not adding longer shocks, you are simply raising the lower spring retainer on body of the front shocks, adding preload to the stock springs and increasing your ride height.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You’re not adding longer shocks, you are simply raising the lower spring retainer on body of the front shocks, adding preload to the stock springs and increasing your ride height.
yea I understand moving to mid perch does that.

I was speaking about another option of getting larger front shocks. Is that an acceptable method

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why would you want to do that? That would stretch the spring out longer. Or, if it didn't, then the longer shock would be in a more collapsed position limiting the compression distance, possible damaging the shock when it bottoms out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why would you want to do that? That would stretch the spring out longer. Or, if it didn't, then the longer shock would be in a more collapsed position limiting the compression distance, possible damaging the shock when it bottoms out.
no clue why just know they are options n I’m trying to get the best way to level

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no clue why just know they are options n I’m trying to get the best way to level
doesn’t a longer coil over shock give you more height n more travel. They sell fox shocks that say they will lift the truck 2.5 inches

·
Registered
79 Posts
On my 2014 SE I went with 2018 gen 2 shocks and stock gen 1 springs and top hats. I have put over 30k miles on this combo, truck sets dead level and rides great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts