F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, I live in Fairfax County, in Northern VA. Just looking for a raptor friendly shop that can help me with some mods I have in mind...exhaust, cutouts, perch adjustment, alignments, etc....

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If you want to drive over to Maryland I can help you with most of it. I have done the perch for a few members now. I don't own a shop or anything. Just do it all out of my house.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there, thanks for the response. Just curious, when would be the earliest time you could do this? I just found out an uncle of mine may be able to do the perch as well, but he's pretty busy so if you're able to do it wayy sooner then I wouldn't mind driving out your way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Title says it all, I live in Fairfax County, in Northern VA. Just looking for a raptor friendly shop that can help me with some mods I have in mind...exhaust, cutouts, perch adjustment, alignments, etc....

Thanks!
i'm somewhat close to you in maryland and I was just wondering if you ever found a dealer or shop you trusted to do work on your raptor?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Trick Trucks in Chantilly does good work. They said they would take a look at it and give me an estimate for the perch adjustment. its right around the corner from where i work so i was planning on taking it by there after the first of the year. they do all kinds of lifts, offroad accessories, performance mods etc.

·
Registered
122 Posts
fellow NoVa Raptor

Thanks!
Shwiggy, I just got my 2011 SuperCrew and may have driven by you in the past week near Reston Town Center. I live in Leesburg, but work in Reston off of Sunrise Valley Drive.

I was checking out your list of mods, several I've done, and a few I'm still planning. Do you use a Valentine 1, and if so, have you hard-wired it and a remote display?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moto125 - No I haven't, I gave up looking and just had my uncle help me with a few things here and there. I just got in a couple new toys in the mail for Christmas and will be looking for his help again. If I get inpatient then I'll prob check out the shop in Chantilly BlueSteel posted about.

BlueSteel - Let me know what they quote you.

krahulec - I'm not familiar with a "valentine 1". End of the work day, my mind is ready to sleep, what is it exactly?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Moto125 - No I haven't, I gave up looking and just had my uncle help me with a few things here and there. I just got in a couple new toys in the mail for Christmas and will be looking for his help again. If I get inpatient then I'll prob check out the shop in Chantilly BlueSteel posted about.

krahulec - I'm not familiar with a "valentine 1". End of the work day, my mind is ready to sleep, what is it exactly?
Valentine 1 is a radar detector. I was able to mount the main unit above the rear view mirror, hide the wiring, mount the remote display on the center panel (below the climate controls) and tap in to Aux 4. I ran the wiring behind the glove box and center panel using the same pics that people posted for adding a second USB cable (USB2) from the back of the stereo to the glove box. In fact, I did the USB cable at the same time I ran the wiring for the Valentine 1.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I don't use a radar detector. I've only been pulled over once in my life back when I used to drive an 83 mercedes benz 300SD turbo. Had a friend with me who loves getting in trouble and he decided to hang out the window and yell some nice words at a cop stopped at a red light. The cop followed me for a few miles and finally stopped me for a busted tail light. He then decided to search my friend, myself and my car from head to toe and he even called 2 more cars and a drug dog just in case. We both were 17 at the time. But yeah, I think unless I start getting caught romping in this beast more than I like I'll invest in a radar one day. There's been more than a few close calls.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to add I have a few mods lined up waiting to be put on. I got the lid cover for my AFE intake I need to put on. Also just got in my Purple Cranium Diff protector, I went with the half size / baby blue. Lastly I have the hood light mounts that should be here any day now in which I plan on throwing some duallys on. I figured if those don't work out up there I'll move them to the rear for reverse lights and buy something else.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Forgot to add I have a few mods lined up waiting to be put on. I got the lid cover for my AFE intake I need to put on. Also just got in my Purple Cranium Diff protector, I went with the half size / baby blue. Lastly I have the hood light mounts that should be here any day now in which I plan on throwing some duallys on. I figured if those don't work out up there I'll move them to the rear for reverse lights and buy something else.
Nice list of mods. I've only had my Raptor since mid-December, but my mod list grows daily. Just went snowboarding at Snowshoe and drove back in a snowstorm last night. Definitely need to add more lights!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey guys I live in frdericksburg and have a black 6.2. I have done all the mods my self and wouldnt mind helping a Fellow raptor owner out. I currently have 5 tar tune, stainless works headers and true dual exhaust, 5 star intake, middle perch setting, ADD font and rear bumpers, several rigid lights, warn winch, bkflip f1 tonnoe cover, and the list goes on but ne ways if I can help let me know... Happy new year enjoy the trucks they are fun

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey guys I live in frdericksburg and have a black 6.2. I have done all the mods my self and wouldnt mind helping a Fellow raptor owner out. I currently have 5 tar tune, stainless works headers and true dual exhaust, 5 star intake, middle perch setting, ADD font and rear bumpers, several rigid lights, warn winch, bkflip f1 tonnoe cover, and the list goes on but ne ways if I can help let me know... Happy new year enjoy the trucks they are fun
Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it sooner or later. I'm enjoying learning about all the mods and so far, been successful doing them myself...but those were the easy ones (electrical). I'm not so sure about the mechanical mods.

I'm still trying to figure out all the different options for tuning. 5Star, CAI, etc. And then I read about programmers like SuperChips. Any advice on what I should focus on, stay away from, benefits/drawbacks, etc?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Absolutely.... I have no problem bringing my truck and letting you drive it to feel the difference, I have done 3 tunes with mike at 5 star and they have all been great and every time I change something else he sends me a revision for free. I had the henessey tune before 5 star and it was horrible, very rough to drive. The intakes also from 5 star and it has a nice sound to it and about 1.5 mpg better. I also use to have a magna flow exhaust on the truck that added when I first bought the truck but since then I have changed to the complete stainless works system to include headers and it's much better and has a hell of a sound to it but it does drone in the cab at highway speeds. Feel free to contact me with questions or to meet up 5406459111

·
Registered
122 Posts
Absolutely.... I have no problem bringing my truck and letting you drive it to feel the difference, I have done 3 tunes with mike at 5 star and they have all been great and every time I change something else he sends me a revision for free. I had the henessey tune before 5 star and it was horrible, very rough to drive. The intakes also from 5 star and it has a nice sound to it and about 1.5 mpg better. I also use to have a magna flow exhaust on the truck that added when I first bought the truck but since then I have changed to the complete stainless works system to include headers and it's much better and has a hell of a sound to it but it does drone in the cab at highway speeds. Feel free to contact me with questions or to meet up 5406459111
Did you have to go to South Carolina to get the 5Star tune?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah Mike is great to work with. I've been in contact with him about my tunes as well. Sent me a revised one free of charge too. He got rid of my horrible kick I was having at low speeds and shifting. If you order through him he sends you the tuner and tunes.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nope I did not have to go down there cause he had a truck in his shop with the same setup as mine and his experience and tunes are done so well that I haven't had the need to go down there if there is something I feel is wrong or needs to be adjusted he will do it all over the phone and send a revision via email. Now I will be doing a supercharger here in the next month or so and I will fr sure drive down if he is interested in tuning a forced induction setup but so far his tunes and customer service has been the best

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Supercharger :smileup: I hope one day I can get one as well. I'm a looooooooooooong ways away though.

·
Registered
201 Posts

I've actually decided to tackle it myself. I work for a car dealership as the Director of Finance, and I spoke to one of my tech in our shop. we're going to be doing the perch adjustment and my "smoked out, halo/led" headlight install in about a week once he comes back from vacation. We have all the tools needed for the perch adjustment, and based off of the SDHQ instructions, he thinks we should be able to do it fairly easy. Plus its only gonna cost me about $40 for the perch and the headlight since i'll be helping him haha.:smileup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn, sounds like a nice deal you got going on. Will you be doing an alignment right after in the same shop? I wish I could bring my truck over and wait in line for that price.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts