F-150 Raptor Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've actually decided to tackle it myself. I work for a car dealership as the Director of Finance, and I spoke to one of my tech in our shop. we're going to be doing the perch adjustment and my "smoked out, halo/led" headlight install in about a week once he comes back from vacation. We have all the tools needed for the perch adjustment, and based off of the SDHQ instructions, he thinks we should be able to do it fairly easy. Plus its only gonna cost me about $40 for the perch and the headlight since i'll be helping him haha.:smileup:
Which halo/led headlights are you installing? I've seen DIY custom one and then the one by Recon, Spyder, etc

·
Registered
201 Posts
shwiggy - we do have an alignment rack here, so I will most likely be doing it same day, i might wait until my new wheels and tires arrive in a month before i do it though just to make sure i like the adjustment and don't change my mind to go to the upper notch. i'm going to the middle notch just to level the front with the back. my tech doesn't seem to think it will throw the alignment out that much, so i'm gonna drive it for a couple days and make the decision then.

krahulec - they are the Spyder "smoked lens/chrome insides" projector headlights with halo's/led's. pictures can be found on various websites. i'll post picks of the headlights and perch once we get it all done.

·
Registered
122 Posts
shwiggy - we do have an alignment rack here, so I will most likely be doing it same day, i might wait until my new wheels and tires arrive in a month before i do it though just to make sure i like the adjustment and don't change my mind to go to the upper notch. i'm going to the middle notch just to level the front with the back. my tech doesn't seem to think it will throw the alignment out that much, so i'm gonna drive it for a couple days and make the decision then.

krahulec - they are the Spyder "smoked lens/chrome insides" projector headlights with halo's/led's. pictures can be found on various websites. i'll post picks of the headlights and perch once we get it all done.
Have you had any condensation problems with the Spyders?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mods

Looks like I'm going to have to play catch up to the mods you guys are doing! I'm obviously behind and I've owned this beast a year now.

Black '11 SCrew. Cascades/Sterling area.

Appreciate all the great info!:smileup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to play catch up to the mods you guys are doing! I'm obviously behind and I've owned this beast a year now.

Black '11 SCrew. Cascades/Sterling area.

Appreciate all the great info!:smileup:
There's no catching up. And there's no finishing either (it's a never ending process)...but you do have to start.

I'm in Leesburg. I'm wrapping up a few mods that have been in progress for a couple weeks and installing my AFE CAI and 5Star Tune this week. I'm getting my mechanic from Mercedes of Tysons to help with the engine mods.

Did you get yours at Jerry's or Koons?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have you had any condensation problems with the Spyders?
no condensation whatsoever, i have them installed and have a build thread, plus i have a light install thread in the lighting section. check it out for further answers.

on a side note, i have found another shop that does great work. it is called High Tech performance, in Chantilly VA.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd like to have my perch adjusted, mx rider, do you charge? Where in md?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.780199,-77.362784

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey 6.2Girl, I have heard of a truck shop out in Chantilly that does lifts and what not. I haven't contacted anyone from there yet. I can't imagine it being too expensive if they can do it. I can't remember the name of the shop off the top of my head, I'll try to look it up here for ya.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
TrickTrucks in chantilly. I wanna say someone on here or another forum mentioned them. I haven't had the chance to check them out yet but just may because I need help with some mods. The perch adjustment is def one of them and if they can do it at a reasonable price then hell yeah.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Try Kar Tunes in Sterling (http://www.kartunesinc.com/). I just had them install 35% tint this past Saturday. Will have them help with a few more mods in the future.

·
Registered
112 Posts
American High Performance (known for beastly mustangs around here) just did my Roush supercharger, Deavers, cutouts, injectors, headlights and custom Dyno tune. Pretty reasonable and certainly knowledgeable. Also a Roush authorized shop.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Yeah i want to check out this roush SC you got. I was going to put the Whipple on the list for next year but that may have to change.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah i want to check out this roush SC you got. I was going to put the Whipple on the list for next year but that may have to change.
I'd be happy to take you for a ride if you'd like to check her out...I'll be around Woodbridge all weekend.

·
Registered
112 Posts
it looks like i cant send a pm until i hit 50 posts (that is damn lame!).

I will most likely be heading to this little gathering if anyone else wants to show up.

http://www.luxury4play.com/east-coast/58544-cars-coffee-great-falls-va.html

Toddwerts, if you cant make that shoot me a pm with a time/location and ill be there.
Even though I'm not a fan at all of European sports cars (American Muscle only for me), I'll be there around 0600. Got a 0900 tee time in woodbridge so I'll have to run by no later than 0745.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
What happened?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm going to check out this Customer Appreciation Day at High-Tech Auto and Truck Center in Chantilly this Sunday. In addition to prizes, games, etc, you can talk to the mechanics and see the shop, so hopefully I'll get a good sense of their skills and services...before I leave my Raptor with them (maybe a perch lift one day).

https://www.facebook.com/HighTechAuto

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm going to check out this Customer Appreciation Day at High-Tech Auto and Truck Center in Chantilly this Sunday. In addition to prizes, games, etc, you can talk to the mechanics and see the shop, so hopefully I'll get a good sense of their skills and services...before I leave my Raptor with them (maybe a perch lift one day).

https://www.facebook.com/HighTechAuto
they did my exhaust for me.. good guys

21 - 40 of 45 Posts