F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some help here... My raptor is making a loud noise underneath the truck once it is shifted into 4x4. Once it's put under a little load it starts to bang immediately. It doesn't sound good at all. The truck only has 10,000 miles and is not beat on. Anyone have any insight on this? I have it at the dealership and now and they don't seem to be finding anything. I even went as far as doing a test drive with the tech.once I drove I was able to make the noise happen,it's a loud steady banging noise .thanks guys

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Could be a couple of things: 1) the bolts which hold the front dif in place have been known to come loose. 2) The IWE's are known to crack slightly and will intermittently make a banging sound when engaging into 4X4. 3) check and make sure you don't hhave a vacuum leak on one of the front axle's, a leak will cause the same problem. Keep us posted.

·
2,637 Posts
Hey Joey, you had that beautiful white raptor with the modded bumpers
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Raptor. I met you at JDM the day there were 5 Raptors there I had the Race Red did you get your Whipple super charger yet ? I'm planning on putting the JDM 700 HP Whipple SC kit on maybe in the summer. I hate letting the dealer do anything to my truck. Stang is very knowledgeable when it comes to Raptors hopefully one of his recommendation will help. Have you tried giving Brandon from Krazy House Customs a call. Talk with him or Dave. Good luck let us know how you make out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ..I forgot to mention it also seems to pull hard to the left when in 4x4,I would rather be at karzy house just would like to have work done at ford since the truck is still under warranty ...Iam thinking maybe I should just bring it there,I with you with the super charger bill..that will make these things rip!thanks again for your help guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there,

The same problem came up with my 2013 raptor! A loud clunking sound came up, then had some sounds like small metals being hit togather!! Took it to the dealer and they mentioned the left axle is broken and they changed it on the warranty, took it to the dunes, same thing happened again, uet this time only the loud clunking sound is heard. Took it again to the dealer, waiting their inspection results in 2 days!

I will let you know what will happen!
Btw, i came here to read about this problem and to know what causes it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Guys I am having the same issue the dealer said the replaced the front diff, the IWEs and the issue stopped for a bit then took it to a few places and the noise came back. I have not taken it back to FORD yet but will soon. Joey when you take it to the dealer have them test it with you because the dealership could not get the same noise to come up. They mentioned something about bending and binding. I will look at my invoice to see exactly what was done I do not recall at the moment.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did you guys ever get to the bottom of this 4x4 clank? My truck has been doing it ever since new, I've had it into the dealer twice and it still isn't fixed. Every so often it makes a super loud clank when in 4x4 drive and under load like in snow or up a steeper hill. Of course I can't get it to make the sound at the dealer. I need to take it in again but hoping someone might have some experience with this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have this issue had front diff, and I west and I still have the issue. Nothing is lose as I've checked myself bolts tight. Dealer has no clue what is going on. There is a lot of info on this noise on the forums and online. Checked a few of them but everything mention is good on my truck. Has not stopped me from going off roading lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

The same problem came up with my 2013 raptor! A loud clunking sound came up, then had some sounds like small metals being hit togather!! Took it to the dealer and they mentioned the left axle is broken and they changed it on the warranty, took it to the dunes, same thing happened again, uet this time only the loud clunking sound is heard. Took it again to the dealer, waiting their inspection results in 2 days!

I will let you know what will happen!
Btw, i came here to read about this problem and to know what causes it!
DID YOU EVER FIX THIS? IF SO WHAT WAS IT. IM FIGHTING THE SAME ISSUE WITH A CUSTOMERS RAPTOR. MY EMAIL IS [email protected]. THANKS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts