F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to get some fog or driving lights for this thing and trying to figure out the best place to mount them.
The first option would be right between the bumper and hood there is about a 3/4 - 1" space that if I can find some low profile driving lights would things this would look like a great place.
2nd option would be to cut out a circle in the black bumper section and insert the typical round fog lights.
3rd option would be to mount them in the cut outs that would block the view of the suspension.

What do you think? Other options - besides bull bars?

And want do you think of the tailgate light bars that have integrated turn signals and reverse lights? They plug into the trailer wire harness.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So I want to get some fog or driving lights for this thing and trying to figure out the best place to mount them.
The first option would be right between the bumper and hood there is about a 3/4 - 1" space that if I can find some low profile driving lights would things this would look like a great place.
2nd option would be to cut out a circle in the black bumper section and insert the typical round fog lights.
3rd option would be to mount them in the cut outs that would block the view of the suspension.

What do you think? Other options - besides bull bars?

And want do you think of the tailgate light bars that have integrated turn signals and reverse lights? They plug into the trailer wire harness.

I have a Line of Fire red light bar for under the tailgate, and with my Raptor arriving this week I hope to have it on no later than Saturday. Will try to post a pic or two of it then.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My '99 came with fog lights (off-road package)...just about the same place as the holes that are already there. I hope that I'll be able to get stock '99 Ford Fog lights and put them there. They are oval and should fit nicely. I used to think I liked the lights on the back, but lately I've seen several that I didn't like for one reason or another...don't blink bright enough to matter; L.E.D.'s missing, etc. If I were going to go that route, I'd make damn sure to get a good one. I've often wondered though, how well they hold up in a "real" truck situation...i.e. not being used like a car.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My '99 came with fog lights (off-road package)...just about the same place as the holes that are already there. I hope that I'll be able to get stock '99 Ford Fog lights and put them there. They are oval and should fit nicely. I used to think I liked the lights on the back, but lately I've seen several that I didn't like for one reason or another...don't blink bright enough to matter; L.E.D.'s missing, etc. If I were going to go that route, I'd make damn sure to get a good one. I've often wondered though, how well they hold up in a "real" truck situation...i.e. not being used like a car.
Do they look something like this? I think these would look awesome if they fit.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or you talking about this style

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a thread about mounting a light in the lower bumper opening. Using a Rigid Industries LED light Bar, and fabbing up my own custom mount of course....

If thats a no then you can go with the Hella Micro Hid Fog Light (What I used on my Infiniti G35)

·
Banned
0 Posts
:) Its the initial amp spike ya gotta worry about when the thing fires, then the draw as it warms up and settles in. For example, in my 05 Magnum, without a relay and cap you'll fry the wiring. And even so, the noise coming off the things can interfere with radio singal.

Be interesting to see whats what with the Raptor.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So getting back to the original question: has anyone actually tried any mounting techniques for fog/driving lights? If so can you post pictures of the completed project?

·
Registered
599 Posts
The driving lights on the 2010 Fusion look to be almost the same shape as the cut outs on the bumper of the Raptor. Maybe that could be made to work.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Personally I would take this housing

With these lights

This should give it a nice clean look.

If that doesn't flow good enough for ya'll than take the above HIDs and mount then in the center opening of the bumper within a mesh style housing.

2 cents.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If that doesn't flow good enough for ya'll than take the above HIDs and mount then in the center opening of the bumper within a mesh style housing.

2 cents.

I think I'm going to start looking for a heavy metal mesh and try to fab something up to fill in the cut out that are already there.

I imagine it'll just take some mesh, round driving lights of some sort, some minor welding and then I have to find out how to mount it all up to the bumper. When the weather cooperates a little more I'll be able to climb around under it to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think I'm going to start looking for a heavy metal mesh and try to fab something up to fill in the cut out that are already there.

I imagine it'll just take some mesh, round driving lights of some sort, some minor welding and then I have to find out how to mount it all up to the bumper. When the weather cooperates a little more I'll be able to climb around under it to figure it out.
Let us know how it turns out...details and photos included so long as you don't mind.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The good thing about those Hella Micro lights are really lite, and you can fab up a mount out of Alum flat bar....:D This is what I used on my infiniti..

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is what I have on my 04 Ram. I know we aren’t comparing Apples to Apples here, but I thought it might give you an idea on something you could do with the Raptor for lights in the back of the truck.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts