F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know what size socket it takes to remove the lugnuts on the Raptor. I'm thinking about buying a torque wrench and start rotating my own tires. At least I can make sure they are torqued correctly and not have the wheels and lugnuts F*&^*&* up all the time. I think it takes a 21mm but not sure and I didn't see it in the owners manual. Thanks! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Banned
6 Posts
I use a 4 way to loosen and then just remove with my hand... I dont know what you are planning on using to remove the nuts but make sure not to use an impact... They will damage the lug nuts and they will rust very fast because the hammering breaks the chrome...

·
Registered
915 Posts
150 ft lbs? Is that what they recommend? They are Aluminum guys! I wouldn't go much over 100 ft lbs.

I use an impact to take them off :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! 21MM and 150 foot pounds. Thanks for the info! One other question... Do you have to use a thin wall socket to remove them with out jacking up the wheel around the lug nut? I looked on google and found several places to purchase the protective lug nut sockets. It has plastic covering the lug nut on the outside and inside. Has anybody tried these? Might be cheap as hell! I did notice "Imported" on the description... I guess that means friggkin China! :smileup:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't think a thin walled socket will handle 150 ft lbs without cracking . I use a Chraftsmen black impact socket without any problems of messing up the rim . Just take your time with it .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re-popping an old thread here because I just went through the process of messing up two of my lug nuts by using a 21mm socket. I measured the diameter of one of the nuts with a digital caliper and found that they are .844" which equates exactly to a 27/32" socket (the same size used for common spark plugs).

A 21mm socket is just a bit too small and 22mm is a bit too big.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts