F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is getting close to turning 100k miles. I was starting to wonder what kind mileage people are getting out of these motors before they die? With somewhat normal driving conditions and maintenance, Mine wasn't babied by any means, it still runs fine and doesn't use any oil. I'm wondering what will be the weak link that goes first? Bearings, piston rings??..

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think these engines will do fine into the 175k range before needing much. So long as you have been doing regular maintenance. My bet is the intake manifold would be the first thing requiring attention at that point.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ALMOST 60K ON MINE.....No problems yet...need breaks on front and may change plugs soon...other than that all good here..

·
Registered
161 Posts
120k here and running strong

Reactions: Slinger1

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 5.4 just turned 150k miles. Only thing that happened so far is a broken rocker arm, right after my warranty ran out (of course!). Still runs great with lots of power.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
107,000 miles and haven't even changed the plugs yet. Air filters and oil (filters) regularly and one canister purge valve is all she has had changed, motor wise. Thing is a beast. I am expecting another 100k out of mine before a rebuild.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been running mine on natural gas since it had about 10k miles on it. Wondering if that will extend or shorten motor life.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2010 has 122k on it but in 13 with 44k a main bearing spun so the block was replaced. I see now problem hitting 200k plus. I think the key is staying up on regular oil changes. I see one reply runs nat gas(envious) his will run forever without any need for a rebuild.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2010 with 181k miles. said truck has been in my possession a little more that a year and I have had to replace the o2 sensor twice now. I was just wondering if that was normal with the amount of miles on the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts