F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just interested in what you guys are getting on average. I do about 60% highway 40% local and have my 2011 raptor SCREW average 10.2 miles per gallon after I threw on the 37" toyo m/t's. I lost about 3mpg after putting on the 37"s since i was at 12-14 mpg before.

·
Registered
381 Posts
12-14 is about 2-4 better than I get stock...what's your secret?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Why does everyone want 37's? Getting a wheel with a neg offset changes the look much more than a 37" tire.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Why is bigger better? Sure a 37 looks cool on a full size truck with a 6 inch lift but the Raptor obviously is different. Not to mention the lower MPG and rubbing. An after market negative offset wheel with a 35" will look "bigger" and better than a 37 on stock rims.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Why is bigger better? Sure a 37 looks cool on a full size truck with a 6 inch lift but the Raptor obviously is different. Not to mention the lower MPG and rubbing. An after market negative offset wheel with a 35" will look "bigger" and better than a 37 on stock rims.
Hey maverick, Just put some 35" toyo m/t on my stock wheels. Im satisfied with 35's but to each his own. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Post some pics of the 37's on your truck man! c'mon

·
Registered
11 Posts
i was being sarcastic, hence the "facepalm" smiley

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sorry blacknight. Read it wrong. KTM, I think you read it wrong too man. I'm a 35 inch guy for the Raptor. 35 and stock rims like you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright let me just tell you that I am on my second, second Gen raptor and I’ve got 14538 on the clock. This one is loaded and I put the RPG 2.5 level kit and 37x12.50r17 patriot tires on when the truck was new from the dealer. 17” Method race rims.
I had a tune on my first second gen and not this one. I am getting no bullsh 17.0 MPG AVG right now in AZ winter (mild). And I do not drive like a grandpa but I also don’t drive like an idiot.
I would never own one of these trucks without 37s. I ran the same setup on 2018 raptor 801a but with the IROK level kit and Tune 550+ hp. Averaged about 13-14 with that setup but tranny took a beating from new to 20k miles. Traded it in.

Hello just interested in what you guys are getting on average. I do about 60% highway 40% local and have my 2011 raptor SCREW average 10.2 miles per gallon after I threw on the 37" toyo m/t's. I lost about 3mpg after putting on the 37"s since i was at 12-14 mpg before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also note
Alright let me just tell you that I am on my second, second Gen raptor and I’ve got 14538 on the clock. This one is loaded and I put the RPG 2.5 level kit and 37x12.50r17 patriot tires on when the truck was new from the dealer. 17” Method race rims.
I had a tune on my first second gen and not this one. I am getting no bullsh 17.0 MPG AVG right now in AZ winter (mild). And I do not drive like a grandpa but I also don’t drive like an idiot.
I would never own one of these trucks without 37s. I ran the same setup on 2018 raptor 801a but with the IROK level kit and Tune 550+ hp. Averaged about 13-14 with that setup but tranny took a beating from new to 20k miles. Traded it in.

View attachment 28554 View attachment 28555
also I removed the running boards a month ago and that improved mpgs by at least 1 mpg and changed the driving characteristics positively without that weight hanging down low with the soft suspension. I’ll risk the door dings and rockchips for a much better driver experience. Isn’t that why we buy these trucks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts